Monday, March 05, 2007

I Didn't Expect This

Here is a picture of my 3rd and final SAG voucher that allowed me to obtain my union eligibility, all thanks to my new blogger friend Jill. For anyone not familiar with what SAG vouchers are and why everyone wants them, I explained a little bit about them in an earlier post. Click here to read about it. With that being said, it is a relief to know that I can cut back on doing background a little bit. Hey, it can get grueling. I only did it full time to maximize my chances of getting the vouchers. I got myself 2, and Jill actually got me 2 as well. When I was on Criminal Minds this past Thursday, they weren't finished shooting some of the scenes, and we got recalled the next day to finish up, which meant another SAG voucher for me. You're probably thinking that I'm going to run to the SAG office and join now. Not so fast. I only wanted my eligibility. I never intended to join right away. I'm not going to get into the details of why I'm not joining right away because it's confusing and not really that important anyway. All that matters is that I am eligible and I can join anytime that I CHOOSE.

It's fitting to say here that ever since Jill mentioned me on her blog, I've been getting a lot of responses from people all over the United States, Canada and Europe, and i just got a hit from South America. The power of the internet is incredible. People have contacted me on my blog, through e-mail and through myspace. I think it's great. It is really cool to know that people have an interest in what I'm doing. All the positive comments and energy is such a good thing. It proves that there are great people still out there. Sometimes you start to wonder what the world is coming to and if any good people still exist, haha. I just wanted to say I appreciate all the comments and I do respond to everyone. It is really weird because when I moved to Los Angeles from Ohio, I created this blog for my family and friends to keep up with what I was doing so I wouldn't have to constantly tell the same stories over and over again. I only e-mailed this link to a few select people because I thought to myself, "I don't want everyone all up in my business". Everyone meaning former friends. I had no idea my blog was available to the public, however. Thank God it was. I've been able to come into contact with a lot of cool people and even meet one of them! This is a picture of me smiling because I'm happy. All of my friends have seen this picture, but it is one that I actually LIKE. That's rare!

Positive quote of the day:

I know life can be so tough
And you feel like giving up
But you must be strong
Baby just hold on
You'll never find the answers
if you throw your life away
I used to feel the way you do
Still I have to keep on going
Never knowing if I could take it
If I would make it through the night
I held on to my faith
I struggled and I prayed
And now I've finally found my way

~Mariah Carey, Make It Happen, Mariah Carey, 1990

I'll be the first to say that song lyrics sound cheesy unless they are sung, but it's the message we're after. I know I can relate to the first part of the verse. As for the last sentence, I don't think I'm there yet, but I'm on my way!

6 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Great post. Maybe you can trade the fourth voucher for something since you do not need it. :)

Unknown said...

Exciting stuff Kris....and you even have photographic evidence!! Congrats on coming as far as you have, and good luck taking it a few steps further

Nichole said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. You truly deserve it.

Anonymous said...

You handsome devil! I like the beard *wink*. Congrats on the Sag cards. I have to read up on it, but I'm guessing from your excitement it's a huge step for an actor. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kris! You totally deserve it. I know you've worked your butt off for this. So how far are you ahead of the "normal" timeline now? ;-)

Anonymous said...

congrats kris. keep up the great work :)