Thursday, March 29, 2007

Normal Happenings

Ok, I know I have been slacking on posting. I'm not even going to lie, I've just been lazy! Thanks for getting me in line Danni, haha. It's weird because it takes the biggest effort for me to start a post, but when I do actually start, I get really into it and then it ends up being 8 million pages long. I'm slowly phasing out doing background, so who knows what I will talk about in my blog in the future! It's been the "interesting" part of my blog I think. We'll see.

So, I worked on the show ER last week and here is an amusing story. Back in August, I met this girl. She is 18. I don't even know her real name because I have a nickname for her. I call her "mischievous". I started out as a joke, but the name stuck, so that's what I call her. I had seen her a few times on some other sets back in November and December. But, until last week, I hadn' t seen her since then. I think it will be funnier if I post our conversation, rather than describe it:

me: Hey mischievous, it's been a while. Isn't this where I met you?

her: (hugs me) Yeah! Wait a minute, did you just call me "promiscuous"?

me: No, no. I would never call you that. I called you "mischievous", like always.

her: Oh, ok. I don't even know what "promiscuous" means. I just know that song by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland.

me: haha....well, ask one of these ladies around you.

her: I don't know what "mischievous" means either.

me: All this time and you never knew?? It means you're bad, you start trouble, etc.

her: Oh, well what does promiscuous mean?

me: Ask someone.

(I start to walk away)

her: (yelling) CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT PROMISCUOUS MEANS?!?!?!

random lady: SLUTTY! IT MEANS SLUTTY!

I have to admit, it was pretty funny. Nothing else terribly exciting happened that day except for one of the PA's telling us to walk briskly through the scene and a guy asked me if that means fast or slow. Hey, you can't know everything all the time, right? lol

Later in this week I was on a new pilot called Supreme Courtships. The only person I recognized there was Shane West, who ironically played a doctor on ER. This was being shot in downtown LA and I had to drive right through skid row to get there. Has anyone heard of "skid row" in Los Angeles? It's an area of downtown that is basically really run down. There are so many homeless people and there is garbage everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE! Like all over the ground. It's a sad sight to see. I was also on Close to Home again this same week. Typical day except I got to drive my car through a scene. Fun.

Working at the gym has been kind of fun. For the first time since I moved here, I can go to a job, make friends and see the same people everytime I work. Some people that have come into the gym while I've been working there include Hugh Laurie (House), Guy Pearce, Nick Carter (Backstreet Boys) and some others that I can't remember right now, haha.

Positive quote:

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable."

~Helen Keller

And this one is dedicated to Jill, my blog buddy:

"To do something, however small, to make others happier and better, is the highest ambition, the most elevating hope, which can inspire a human being."

--John Lubbock

**Although what Jill has done, and is doing for me, is HUGE! More than I can explain.**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea ::;doing happy dance::: Kris posted a blog!

I like your long entries. They are like a letter from a friend...you sit down, with a cuppa tea (mine is green tea with mint right now) and just enjoy. *smile*

Now. I am 18. I knew EVERYONE of these words. What kind of bunch are you hanging with out there?! He didn't know what 'brisk' meant?!

:::shakes head:::

Sounds like you are in a happier mood today. And Jill is totally awesome, but she tells me that you are too.

I know that when someone does something nice to me, I try and 'pass it forward', to honour that person.

Love your quote, Hellen Keller was the greatest, wasn't she. Such a lady, and what she overcame! Makes our little ups and downs nothing.

Gotta run (really, run. three miles. Want to join me? Only a few hills....)

Chat with you later, and thank you for listening to me and updating.


{{hugs}} (Wait...does that make me promiscuous?!) *giggle*

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Ah, now our 6 degrees of separation is down to 2.

In August of 2001 (gulp) my son James went to stay with my husband's aunt in NYC. She owns a costume shop. While he was there, someone came in to find buy clothes/costumes for Nick Carter. James tried them on and modeled them for her.

Teeee!

Love your story, and your quotes!

Anonymous said...

Pssst, Kris,

It's Saturday. Update!

*grin*

Have a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kris, who is my inspiration to keep sending my novel out ...

I submitted sample chapters and got a request for the full manuscript. (Like, a call-back.)

Then I got an e-mail yesterday asking whether I was willing to change one plot point. (Like, would I be willing to dye my hair.)
I said sure, and did they want me to send revisions.

Just now, on a Sunday afternoon, I got another e-mail. My editor (I love that phrase, even if she's only mine temporarily!) says not to start the revisions; she'll let management know I'm willing to make them if necessary and they should have a final decision in a couple weeks.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

So, you got any positive quotes about patience?