Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Little Overdue?

I seemed to have gotten a little busy this week and slacked off on posting on this blog. It happens. Not much happened this week except work, so I'll get to it. My week started of on Grey's Anatomy. What's with me working on this show so much this year? I don't know. Anyways, a few days prior to this day, it was announced that all the stars of Grey's renegotiated their contracts and had all gotten pay raises. It just so happens that the day I was there, they were all in such a great mood. Coincidence? I think not! I would be too. They're getting some hefty checks each week over there. Ellen Pompeo was all smiles and running around and laughing. It was funny. They deserve it though. It's a great show and they've been in the news so much over the past few months that I'm sure that they are glad they have something to smile about now. I went from Grey's to Close To Home the next day. They love me on that show. They always have long days, which means $$$, and their craft service table is exceptional! No complaints there.

Wednesday and Thursday (today) I worked on How I Met Your Mother. What a hectic 2 days. They were doing a big wedding scene, and that means sitting at a table all day long. It was cool though because there were some really funny people at my table including an older lady who reapplied her lipstick no less than twice an hour each time saying gleefully, "Ok, it's lipstick time!". You all know how much I NEED to laugh! The most interesting part about these 2 days, however, was a conversation I overheard. There were 2 kids on the show and their mother was backstage with them, talking to two other people. I'm minding my own business (as always, lol) when she tells these people that she and her husband have a farm with many animals, including 47 horses, some bison, etc., etc. Then she said that a few years ago, she and her husband brought in the pet psychic to talk to her animals!!! Do you guys remember that show on Animal Planet?!?!?! My mom loved that show and used to make me watch it all the time (or maybe it was the other way around, lol). The pet psychic.......Sonya Fitzpatrick was her name. This lady said that Sonya was the real deal and she was blown away. She said her husband was a major skeptic but he was a true believer by the end of the day. Apparently Sonya was on the money with a lot of things that she could not have known, including a story where the bison told Sonya to ask her owners when they were going to build the new pen they had been planning to build for her! The lady said she was blown away because just a few weeks prior, they talked about building a new $5000 pen for the bison!

Hey, I am in no position to judge someone's personal story here. I wasn't sold on Sonya when her show was on. I watched it just to see what kinds of animals she was going to talk to next. And I certainly can't knock psychics either because 2 years ago, I went to see one myself, just for fun, ya know? Little did I know that this psychic was going to be so accurate. Accurate enough to predict details that I have certainly seen come true, including the prediction that I would meet Jill, who you all know as my blogger friend who runs the Criminal Minds Fanatic blog. I am going to end this post here, because a good storyteller is supposed to leave his audience wanting more, right?? hahaha On my next post I'll finally discuss my time on the Criminal Minds set 2 weeks ago!

Positive quote of the day:

"Everything that is created begins in the form of a thought impulse."

--Napolean Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Everyone should really sit and think about this quote, because it's not just talking about material things. It's talking about success, happiness, wealth, health, etc.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't even go there with the pet psychic. You were the one always getting me to watch the strangest people on TV. Now you are meeting so many live and in person. WOW!!! Love you, Mom

Nichole said...

So, how much longer until we hear the story about Criminal Minds? Dang!

Don't apologize for not blogging for a while, it's your blog, your time. I just added a new post to mine and I hadn't blogged in weeks. It is definitely a busy time for everyone!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Soleclaw, Kris -- I kinda miss your blog updates, but I love it that you're too busy working to blog. Go, go, go!

If you spend much more time on Grey's Anatomy, they're going to have to give you your own chair and a speaking role. Heh!

I wanna hear more about the psychic! Oh, and my husband and I have started writing your first series pilot. Nope, not kidding. Yep, know the chances of getting it produced are astonomical. Nope, don't care, writing it anyhow. Got this kickin' source of inspiration, see?

Kris said...

ummm....Lin? I don't know what to say other than......Are you serious?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Kris, sounds like your adventures are getting more and more colorful. LOL!

Can't wait to hear about your experiences on Criminal Minds this time around. Will we see you in Ashes to Dust?

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! Well, don't hold your breath, because you know what the odds are, but ... yeah, we're serious.

And if it sells ... you'll get to work with new crazies every week!