Monday, February 26, 2007

It Was Oscar Weekend.........

............and I was majorly annoyed! They shut down a bunch of streets in Hollywood and West Hollywood and the traffic was crazy. There were so many celebrity parties all over town last night. Yesterday morning I had a job interview over in Hollywood, and on Sunset Blvd, the tow trucks were out in full force. I have never seen so many tow trucks in my entire life! Sunset had to be clear of cars, yet there were about 10 cars parked on the street right in front of where my interview was, and there were 10 tow trucks there hooking up to them ready to take them away. It was insane. In the meantime, I could have cared less about all the Oscar stuff because I had rehearsal for my film that I will be shooting in about a week. It was fun, and we found out that we will be shooting on the beach in Malibu! Not bad huh? I think it will be really fun and I can't wait for it to be put together so I can watch it, and then show everyone else.

As for work this week, I was on CSI: NY on Wednesday. It was pretty much a very long and boring day. Nothing to say there. Thursday I was back on Grey's Anatomy. Yeah I know, I have been on there a lot lately. This day was pretty uneventful as well. However, Friday I was on Close To Home and this is where I met my crazy. First of all, let me start by saying that I still have not met anyone that has ever seen Close to Home. Out of all of us background people, no one had ever seen the show. Does anybody watch it? I don't know how it is still on the air. I mean, you would think at least a few people would say they watch it. Anyway, back to my crazy. It was this guy, he looked like he was 16, but he had to be at least 18 to be working on the set. I was originally going to have to you all that I met a crazy, but that I didn't have a story to go along because he didn't talk, or do anything for that matter. He would just sit there, the whole entire day staring into space. He didn't talk to anybody. At one point, he would look up at the ceiling with his mouth open going "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh", and everyone was looking at him all confused. Then, he started gargling with his own spit. How nasty is that?? Then, we were shooting a scene, and inbetween takes, he started doing this dance that looked a lot like Irish River Dancing!! LOL No joke. He obviously didn't care about looking stupid. Then, later on, he revealed his voice to me. It was really late. By the way, we were there that day from 7 am to 11 pm, so this was around 10. I got up to go get some soup and hot chocolate because it was freezing. As I was leaving, this kid goes, "If you're going to get soup, I'm going with you". How did he know that? So, he followed me there, not saying anything. We got our soup, but then they started filming, so we couldn't go back to the stage the same way we came. I said to him, "Oh, I think we can go this way back to the stage". Well, this crazy flat out ignored me! Didn't even acknowledge what I said. What the hell?? Where do these people come from?

Well, I thought I had more to say, but I guess I don't. So, here is the positive quote of the day:

"At some point we have to stop allowing life to happen to us, instead, we must happen to life - living our lives by design, with deliberate purpose."

--Deya Direct!, EURweb.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAH...I told my gf "one day after the Oscars, I bet Kris will have a new post up." I must be clairvoyant:)

Anonymous said...

I've always wondered about that, watching on TV -- oh, what a lovely red carpet, but how do the people who live there get around? I guessed it was a major PIA -- glad to know, I guess, that I was right!

Shall we designate this crazy the "Soup Crazy"? You meet the oddest people! I love it.

Kris said...

hmmm Konrad....do you think that is clairvoyance, or just common sense from knowing me?? lol

Thanks Lin, and you were right. It was a mess here. One day I'll be able to be driven in a limo to the Oscars, haha

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kris -- I met a crazy today at the store and immediately thought of you ... hmmmmm. He told me that I needed to pray over seeds for what I wanted and plant them and my blessings would grow with the new plants. Um, okay, that's nice but what I really need is some Advil and a gallon of milk and they don't actually grow from seeds, so please step away ... I was quite kind to him, but I kept thinking, "Are you from LA? Do you know Kris?"

Kris said...

LOL....Lin that's great. I love it!!! Bring on the crazies!! I've been forced to adapt to them anyway, haha.