Sunday, February 11, 2007

Some New Pictures

At the request of my agent, I got some new pictures taken. When I first moved here back in July, I knew I would have to re-shoot once I got an agent, because they would have an idea how to market me. This new photographer that I went to is amazing and the pictures look much more diverse than my first batch. I'm only putting 2 up on this blog, but there are more with me in some other clothes, including a suit. Maybe I'll some of the other ones in the next post. They are big files, and as you can see they're screwing up the alignment of my blog and that bothers me! Hey, I'm a Type A personality (as most med students are) and I'm a perfectionist. Oh well. As for the pictures, I don't think they're terrible, but as they say, we are our own biggest critic. The photographer did great, but I could have done a little more. But, I won't bore you with my nuances.


Thursday I was on Grey's Anatomy again, and can we say "drama on the set!!". Surprisingly, it had nothing to do with the cast. Isaiah Washington was there, and he seemed happy. He was smiling and cool, but he laid low the whole day. I think that rehab did him some good, lol. Thursday was the first time that Patrick Dempsey was working when I was there. He seems like a really nice guys. It was the first time that McSteamy (I don't know his real name) was there too and he seems cool. Basically everyone was working that day except for Katherine Heigl (Izzie) and T.R. Knight (George). We were there from 9 am to 11 pm! Long day, but I met some cool people there. They were actually normal people, not crazies. Normal is boring huh? I admit, I love my crazies, but there weren't any there that day. The drama came in because at one point, the writers and directors couldn't agree on some shot, or they were moving too slow or something and they were yelling at each and arguing and of course you know I was in the corner cracking up. I just can't help it! Is there something wrong with me?? I laugh at everything! As this was happening, the lady across from me looked all serious and scared. She probably thought I was the most immature person there. You think I cared?? Anyways, the events happening in this episode are "JUICY", and that's all I can say. I was reading the script thinking, "oh my gosh, this is crazy!". The episode I'm in is the 3rd one of this three part trilogy episode they're doing or some crap like that. You'll have to watch and see!


Production on my short film got pushed back to early March. That's the biz though I guess. It was originally supposed to be shot the last weekend in January, so it's been pushed back a lot. I just got the script a few days ago and it seems like an interesting story. I think it will be fun to do.

Ironically, two friends from Ohio are here visiting in LA. I hung out with one all day Friday and the other for a little bit on Saturday. So, the current number I've friends from Ohio I've seen since I moved are up to 3 now. I still haven't seen any family since I moved. That's the longest ever. It's all for the greater good though. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?



Positive quote of the day:


"But then comes the fear: 'What if I do take responsibility and do go out, and still fail?' Don't worry about that. If you have talent and there is a positive energy about you, you will succeed because others will notice you, want to be around you and want to work with you."


~Lindsay Chag, casting director

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You work on Grey's? You are so lucky. I have a love hate relationship with that show.

I hear the Izzie girl is a real bitch. Is she as gorgeous in person or just pretty?

THANKS.

Anonymous said...

Year hear wrong. She is a sweetheart at least to me everytime I've been on set. And she is even more gorgeous in person.

Kris said...

Katherine Heigl (Izzie) is very pretty in person. I remember first seeing her and thinking, "wow, she's beautiful". The last time I saw her on the set though, she didn't talk much. I didn't get to talk to her at all. She seemed nice, but since I didn't interact with her, I can't say either way.

Anonymous said...

oh man, can you at least give us a hint at what is so juicy. no pressure.

Kris said...

Actually "juicy" was the wrong word. It's more like "sitting on the edge of your seat, biting your nails" type of stuff. I guess you'll have to watch and see!

Anonymous said...

This pictures are great, Kris! I can see what you mean by diverse -- in the first, you could be 16 and in the second maybe 30 -- high school kid to career professional. Really amazing!

Nichole said...

Yes your new pics are perfect. You could go either way, so to speak! lol