Sunday, February 04, 2007

2007 Started off OK!

Well, it seems like 2007 came in and things just started happening for me. Small things, but "things" nonetheless. Baby steps. I actually want to take it slow and steady and work my way up. As far as work, it's the same routine. It was pretty cool on Wednesday though. I worked on a new pilot starring David Duchovny. It's not titled yet. We shot at someone's mansion in Malibu. The house was on the side of a hill overlooking the pacific ocean. The whole time, I just kept thinking, "This is someone's life? Someone actually lives here!". We were there shooting a high school house party scene on the back patio until 1 am. It was COLD that night and some of us had to get in the pool. They heated it for us, but coming out of the pool was torture. There was this guy there, and I wouldn't call him a "crazy", but he made a comment that I just don't understand why he didn't keep it to himself. When I fisr saw this guy, I thought he looked a little nerdy. He reminded me of the guy in the American Pie movies with the red hair and freckles. You know who I'm talking about. So, I was talking to this guy and he goes, "I'm playing the nerdy guy at the party that can't get a girl to talk to me. That's not too far from me in real life?" Why do people say things like that?? What am I supposed to say to that? "Yeah, I can totally tell."? I mean, it reminds me of this lady I met on ER. We had just checked in and she busts out her lipstick and says, "Well, I better put on my face before I scare everyone away!". Geez......these people can't think of anything else to say??? Next time I'm going to play along and agree with them and see what they do. Seriously!

This weekend I was back on Rush Hour 3. We were shooting a traffic jam scene at an intersection in Downtown L.A. That means I basically sat in my car for 2 days straight! It was soooo boring, but you get paid extra for using your car in a scene, so that was cool. Chris Tucker was there this time. He is funny, but his high pitched voice is solely for his career. I heard him talking to the director and he sounded normal. Mia Tyler was there too. She is Steven Tyler's daughter, the goth one. They had her made up all pretty though. I don't know if she was just making a cameo or if she has an actual role in the film. Brett Ratner is directing this film. Do you guys know who Brett Ratner is?? If not, let me explain. He's directed many films and many rap videos, but more importantly, he know Mariah Carey personally and has directed several of her videos as well, including We Belong Together. This means I've come in contact with someone who knows Mariah personally! I'm one step closer yall. I just can't wait until she gets her (long overdue) star on the Walk of Fame so I can be there. Gosh.....I'm so sprung!

Now, onto more good news. I was going to wait to tell everyone this, but what the heck. I got the phone call on Thursday that I've been offered a role in an independnt film!! SWEET! I auditioned twice for it and the diretor liked me and wants to use me. This is good because this short film is going to be submitted to film festivals. That's a lot of exposure for an actor. Film festivals are also great for networking. The director actually made a film in 2005 and won the top honor at a film festival. She eventually wants to make this current film into a full length feature film. So, cross your fingers and hope it does really well. We shoot the weekend of February 17th.

Positive quote for the day:

“Have your plans carefully in mind of what you will do when success arrives, because just when it seems least possible, the tide will turn for you."

~Catherine Ponder (The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's hoping my DVD collection'll be expanding soon!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything Kris. It sounds like things are starting to kick into gear! :)