Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Neighbor Is A Crazy!!

Just when I started to go through "crazy" withdrawal, I got my fix from my neighbor and from some girl at work. I'll infuse those stories into my discussion on work, as always. Monday I was on the show Girlfriends. It was a regular, boring day, but the cast members were interesting. Tracee Ellis Ross (daughter of Diana Ross) seemed really nice. She has a lot of energy, that's for sure. She was just all smiley and nice. The girl who plays Lynn on the show basically pissed everyone off. We were all ready to shoot a scene, but the crew was just sitting around not doing anything. We're all like, "what's the hold up"? The director came over to us and said, "We're waiting on an actress. This is not good. Don't ever do this". It was funny. I mean, you hear about this all the time, but I had never seen it happen since I've been doing background. Then again, I haven't worked with Lindsay Lohan yet, haha. The guy who plays William on the show is s-t-r-a-n-g-e! He would walk around inbetween takes staring off into space. And there were other times where he would just stand there, making the weirdest faces. It was so weird. I mean, I've caught myself making faces if I'm in deep thought, but his weren't like that. But it didn't look like he had Huntington's chorea either (if you don't know what that is, google it). He was just weird!

Tuesday I was on Scrubs again. Now, this day would have been a total crapshoot if I hadn't met a crazy toward the end of the day. It was this girl who was 29, but she looked and acted like a 16 year old. Her hair was a mess, but she had beautiful skin and teeth. Anyways, she kept whining all day long, so we finally asked her what her problem was. It was that kind of whining that people do over and over again when they want to tell you something, but they want you to ask first. You know what I mean. So, she promptly tells us that she can't stop thinking about this guy she had sex with. She also made the decision to tell us how great it was. Ugh. So, she tells us they did it first 4 months ago, then she lost his number. It was so good she had to see him again. So, what does she do? She writes him a letter and then goes to his house and slips it under the door! Isn't that a little stalkerish? Why couldn't she just mail it? I thought it was weird, but apparently it worked. Dude called her and they hooked up a second time, but now he hasn't called her since. Then she asked us if we thought it was weird, or freaky that she had a fantasy that involved her, and two gay guys (use your imagination). The purpose of me telling this story is to prove the point that people share TMI!!!! The whole time she was talking, I just kept looking at her and wanting to call hair and make-up over to help her out with her hair! Oh, this was the first time I was on Scrubs that Zach Braff and Donald Faizon were there as well. Both are cool.

So as I'm heading out my door this morning to go work on All of Us, I see my neighbor (an older lady) peeping in the front window of one of my other neighbors. I mean, she was all upin their bushes, right up at the window. It reminded me exactly of Mrs. Kravitz from Bewitched. I said "hi" to her and almost scared her half to death. She explained that she heard the neighbor's dog whimpering and she was trying to see if it wass ok. Keep in mind this is at 7 am. I was trying to hold my laughter in. I talked to her for a few seconds, and as I was leaving, I assumed she would have went back to her apartment (or at least acted like she was until I was out of sight), but she went right back to their window! I was laughing all the way to my car.

It's been a busy week, but I'm just glad to be back to working everyday. I'm still getting things together for my agent, and hopefuly in the weeks to come I'll have more and more great things to tell!

Quote for the day:

"The only way to build confidence is to achieve, with no more but no fewer challenges to doing so than one's peers"

~John McWhorter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories. I'm starting to think you have an invisible tatoo on your forehead, one that says "Please tell me the story of your life in appalling detail."

I think it's terrific that you're working every day. I am in awe.

And 'cause of you, when my novel came back from the publisher with a rejection form letter, I only moped for 48 hours before I found another publisher to send it to. Because if you can be out there trying this hard to catch your dream, I can damn well send one more e-mail out to chase mine.

More, more!

Kris said...

Wow Lin, I don't know what to say. I think that when someone tells me that I inspired them, that is the greatest compliment I could receive. I'm just doing what I feel is right, and I encourage everyone to do that. One of my goals for life is "no regrets".

I definitely think that you should shop your book around to as many people as you can. People don't realize that you can't just write a book and get it published. You need to get an agent, and a publisher, etc., etc.

I wish you the best of luck and I'm glad you are continuing to read the blog!