Saturday, September 30, 2006

Drama on the Set

This week has been an interesting week. It ended just now with me locking myself out of my apartment, and of course my roommate is out of town. Afrah was here visiting, and we were leaving to go walk down Santa Monica Blvd. I locked the door from the inside, and as soon as I shut the door, I instantly realized I left my keys on my desk. I said a bunch of four letter words, and then remembered that my roommate had hid a spare key somewhere in the lobby. I found it, and of course the damn key didn't work. So, what do I have to do? I have to go around the back and take the screen off of my window and climb through the window. The only thing is, my window is about 10 feet off of the ground, since I live on a hill. Luckily, there is a staircase next to my window. I got the screen off, then kind of had to jump from the staircase to the window and crawl through, all while Afrah is snickering in the background. But, I did it. Then I quickly came to the realization that if I can take my screen off and climb through my window, then anyone can! It's a good thing I don't live in South Central!!

As for my work week, it started off with me working on The O.C. All I can say is that I think that show is going down the tubes? Does anyone even watch it anymore? I never have. The show struggled last season in ratings and whatnot. We were shooting on location at a high school. They have these 15 year old girls on the show now with dialogue that sounds like it comes straight from Laguna Beach. It just seems bad, and it wasn't really an exciting day at all. At the end of the day we shot a scene with Adam Brody and he seemed like he didn't even want to be there. He was acting like a diva and I was really unimpressed. Oh well.

Yesterday I worked on a new show called Brothers and Sisters with Sally Field, Colista Flockhart, and some other people that are well known, from what I've heard, but I didn't recognize them. The only one I knew working yesterday was Sally Field. The whole day was TERRIBLE!! First of all, this show is taped at Disney Studios in Burbank. I thought Disney was all about family, happiness, etc. YEAH RIGHT. First off, were kept in the basement of one of the studios. No windows. No cell phone reception. No any anything. Then, the wardrobe lady went on a rampage yelling at everyone. She was mean as hell, psychotic actually. They didn't have a lot of food for us. The whole day was messed up. When we started shooting, I noticed there was some tension on the set. Sally Field came in and she was nice looking and tiny. She looked really motherly, and I heard from someone that she was really nice. But man, she was in a bad mood that day.

Sally was being real snippy with the director, and it was more her body language than anything. She wasn't being outright mean. Someone I met that day, who had worked on the show, mentioned that some of the cast members didn't get along, then everything made sense. I'm sure Sally isn't that stand-offish normally, but it was the first time I have been on a set where the cast members didn't get along. By the end of the day the tension was really thick. Some of the other cast members were yelling and the director looked relly stressed out. All we could do was laugh since the day had been so miserable. It was a 13 hour day too. I never want to go to Disney again. They suck over there.

Maybe next week will be more interesting, especially since I'll be on four tv shows. I wish I had Showtime so I could watch Dexter. I'll definitely be on Vanished on Monday and hopefully Help Me Help You on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think im slow cuz i dont know how to post on this crap...well you talk about me when my dogs locked me out of my car but at least i didnt lock myself out of my house...whos the stupid one? and at least i didnt have to crawl thru my window i would have loved to see that...why do you have to type the letters i didnt see that before????????????