Thursday, October 05, 2006

Busy Week, Of Course

First off, I know that episode of Help Me Help You didn't air on Tuesday. So, I give up. I'm not wasting my time, or anybody else's by telling people to watch shows, then they not air. I know that they shoot the content of a single episode out of order, but they must be shooting episodes out of order too. So, I won't be listing any shows that I'll be on unless I happen to catch a preview for the next week and know that I'm in that episode. Besides, I know it's annoying to look for someone in the background. Trust me, I'm trying to move on.

My week started off on Monday on CSI: NY again. We were shooting on location dowtown at an abandoned warehouse. It was kind of freaky. As you know, something interesting seems to happen at least once a day to me, and this day was no different. The clue is in the picture on the right. Basically, we were on a lunch break, and I was on the phone talking to Afrah. I went outside of our holding trailer so I wouldn't annoy people with my conversation. So I'm standing there talking, in the hot sun next to a fence. Lucky for me, I was wearing a white shirt and so I didn't lean on the fence. The fence is a long fence, and as I turn toward the fence, right where I would put my hand if I were to lean on the fence is a black widow spider!! Yes folks, a real black widow, and it had the characteristic red, hour glass on its belly. It was no bigger than my pinkie finger nail, and it scared the hell out of me! I thought these things were only in Arizona or something. I mean, what if that thing would have bitten me?? It would've been curtains for Kris! Now, I shake out all my clothes and shoes before I put them on. I'm too young to die.

The last two days I've been on the set of Ben Stiller's new movie. It's still untitled, but I played a wedding guest, which means it was the most boring 2 days of my life. Movie sets move along slower than television sets. We do take after take after take and on and on and on. So, I basically sat at a table for 2 days straight, both days being 15 hours long. This movie seems like it's just a classic, funny Ben Stiller movie. It's directed by the same guys who did There's Something About Mary. We were shooting in some vacant building where I guess a lot of mafia activity occurred in the 30's and 40's, and there were many murders in this building. So of course there were people talking about ghost stories and stuff. A lot of movies were actually shot at this building including Cocoon, and one of my favorites, Hocus Pocus.

Ben Stiller is one of the "cool" celebrities. Down to earth, humble. He talked to us, answered questions would people would stop him. This is something I keep a look out for in case you haven't noticed. I just can't believe certain "stars" who refuse to talk to background people, as if we're the sum of the earth. I can't ever see myself being like that. That reminds me, there was a lady from Police Academy in this movie as well. I'm not really familiar with those movies anymore because its been so long, but apparently her signature phrase was "Talk is cheap", or something like that, and she was doing it for people on the set. See, that's what I'm talking about. Cool people!

Last thing I have to say is that I had my first indulgence since I've been in L.A. I tried so hard to resist, but I finally caved and got a Sidekick 3. I think I did pretty good holding off for 3 months, but I had been looking at them in E-Bay and Craigslist. When I saw this girl selling one for $240, I jumped on it, since it would be $350 otherwise. I'm selling my Sidekick 2 to a friend here for $125, so it's really like I got the Sidekick 3 for $115. Not bad, huh? It's nice. It has better graphics, bluetooth, an MP3 player, a better camera, and a sleaker look. I'm satisfied now (for the time being!).

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I envy you so much right now. Ben Stiller is one of my all-time faves! If you don't mind Jack Black, you should watch "Envy" if you haven't already. It's great. Superb even.

Congrats on the new Sidekick! Joe and I are due for phone upgrades this month, but I doubt we'll go high-tech.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris, just wanted to let you know that I saw you on Vanished, and you looked good! It was exciting to see someone I know on TV. :) Keep on with the good work.