Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Crazy Week So Far

I didn't realize how easy it was to post pictures on here. I thought it would have been a hassle. So, now I can start putting some pics on here to liven up my blog I guess. I'll post some right after I speak about some of the crazy stuff that happened this week.

For the last 2 days I have been on a movie set and it has been BORING!!! The scene was shot in a theatre and we were watching John Malkovich do magic tricks all day. Fourteen hours of sitting in a chair clapping all day is freakin torture. I wanted to drink acid by the days end! However, it never fails that I meet some weirdos!

First was this man sitting at the same table as me at lunch. Luckily, this time he wasn't talking to me, because he was one of those people that are uncomfotable with silence, so they start volunteering information that nobody wants to hear about. Example: He says out loud, "I didn't work yesterday". Somebody else asked "Why?", to which he replied, "I was at a nudist camp!" Ahhhh.....WHYYYYYY??? This man was like 50 years old, scraggly, and his skin looked like genuine rawhide leather. Why would anyone want to picture that? So, no one says anything, and he decides he's going to tell some jokes. I can't remember the first one, but his second joke was (and I'm NOT kidding), "Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?" Somebody says they don't know. His answer is, "Because he was dead". WTF!!! Nobody even smiled at that dumb ass joke. And the the guy goes, "I'm thinking my jokes aren't funny!" YA THINK!!! Then he starts making comments about how he needs a massage and he's gonna take off his pants and get up on the table. I wasn't lying when I said ANYONE off the streets can sign up to do background work!!

Then there was this lovely old lady who sat next to me in the theatre who grossed me the hell out. AFTER lunch when we were back on the set, in the theatre, is when she decides to break out her floss!! She flosses a few teeth, then lays the floss down on her lap, on her dress. Then she flosses some more, and lays it back down, then flosses some more. I'm already kind of grossed out, but next thing I know, she's picking up a tissue to blow her nose, and the now multi-colored piece of floss is hanging from her tissue! YUCK!!! Then she did something that cracked me up. We're in a theatre, but it's a restaurant setting, so we're sitting at tables, maybe 6 to a table. We all have drinks to make the scene look real. Some people have wine glasses filled with sparkling grape juice, some people have other kinds of drinks. They are props for us, and we're not supposed to drink out of the (probably dirty) cups. But she's been drinking hers all morning. So, she decides she wants to pour her water into her cup. While the man on the other side of her wasn't looking, she poured her half drunk grape juice into his cup! I swear I could not make up these stories! This is L.A.

Two other crazy things happened on set. This morning a lady collapsed and the ambulance had to be called. It was scary, but she was ok. Then later in the afternoon, an over head light exploded and the glass came crashing down to the ground. Luckily no one was hurt. but the reminds about something about these lights. Have you ever heard of actors complaining of working under hot light all day? I used to think they were being dramatic, but it's true. Those suckers get HOT. That's why they keep the air on in the studios right around 55 degrees. I mean, one day on set, I walked in front of one of the big lights on set. You know how you watch tv and the scene may be in someone's living room and you see the skyline of a city through a window in the house? Well, of course its not real. It's a huge backdrop in the studio lit up by huge lights on the ground. The lighta are maybe 5 feet in diameter. Well, when I walked in front of one, I thought the side of my face was going to melt off! Seriously, I at least thought my shirt was going to catch on fire. It was that hot.

Last crazy thing of the week. Monday I was on CSI: New York and we were shooting on location in an apartment building in downtown L.A. I read an article today that said a real mummified body was found in the building yesterday (Tuesday) one floor below where they were still shooting. Someone went to check on the tenant who hadn't paid rent in a while. Isn't that kinda freaky?

Ok, a few pics because I'm tired of typing!














St. Louis Arch on my way to L.A.

















This is the tram that takes you up to the Getty
Center, a huge museum that contains authentic
paintings, artwork, and artifacts dating back to
the Middle Ages. The Getty Center is in the
background .
View from the Getty Center looking
southeast. That little city is either
Brentwood or Westwood, I'm not
sure. Can you see the band of
smog?
**Once again my pictures and captions are distorted. I'll figure this out one day!**

2 comments:

Andy said...

Nudist camps.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.