Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Desperately Grey Week

How's that for a corny title? It's 12:15 am, and I just got home from being on Criminal Minds with Shemar Moore, so I'm going to make this quick, hopefully.

As you may remember from my last post, I was excited about being on a certain set on Monday, and in case you haven't figured out what it is by now, it was Desperate Housewives. Turns out my day was ruined because I was really hoping Eva Longoria would be working that day, but sadly, she was not. All I got was Marcia Cross. :( We shot on location at a country club and the scene took place in a reataurant. I was just at a table eating. The day was pretty much boring, and Marcia didn't make it any better. She looked good from a distance, but she had SOOO much make-up on, and up close, you can tell she hasn't aged very well. It is amazing what make-up can do for a person. And of course she didn't talk to any of the background people. Typical. There was someone making a guest appearance on the show that day, and I'm sure you know who she is. I can't remember her name, but she was in one of the Scream movies. She was Bill's mother (one of the killers) and she dies at the end of the movie. But you may know her better as Roseanne's sister on Roseanne.

Yesterday was more fun because I was on Grey's Anatomy. Of course I like being on the medical shows. I played an intern and a patient in the same episode. Episode #6, which should air on October 26th. I really liked this set, first and foremost, because they fed us really well, and that's always at the top of my list. Secondly, everyone was pretty cool for the most part.

Ellen Pompeo (Meredith) is really tiny, and didn't speak to any of us, of course. I tried to say hi, and she acted like she didn't see me. But it's ok because a few weeks ago, at the Emmy's, the critics ripped her apart because of her sloppy hairdo, haha. The girl who plays Christina seemed cool, but she looked so serious all the time. The guy who plays Alex, his eyes were really red like he was up all night, and he wreaked of cigarettes. He reminded more of a construction worker than of a doctor. The one thing I liked about this show was that they were really efficient. They set up a scene, did it a few times and moved on. They got a lot done in one day, whereas on other shows sometimes they spend hours on one scene. I won't give any details on what scenes were shot that day though. I won't ruin in for anyone.

On my way home from Grey's, I was driving down Hollywood Blvd, and noticed there were a lot of people there for a Tuesday night. I drive a little further, down to the Chinese Grauman Theatre, and lo and behold, the premiere of Employee of the Month was happening! That's the movie with Jessica Simpson and Dane Cook, who were obviously there. It was my first glimpse of a red carpet since I moved to L.A. Now, I just to find out how to know when there is going to be a premiere, before it happens. I didn't see Jessica or Dane, and I couldn't stop and see what was going on because I was tired and plus there was no parking anywhere near the theatre. Oh well, maybe next time.

I think that pretty much sums up the first part of my week. My bed is calling me because it's been a long day and I have to get up early tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wohoo! Gray's Anatomy! You need to schmooze with Shonda somethingorother (the woman who created the show) and hype up the fact that you were a med student! How cool would it be if you had a recurring role?