Friday, June 22, 2007

Back in LA

I wanted to do a posting right when I got back, but both my jobs had me scheduled to work every single day for 6 days in a row! That means I've been doing 16 hours days ever since I got back to California on June 14th. I'm defintely exhausted, but I am in a good mood right now for a few reasons. One is that I got my car back a few days ago. I must say, it looks almost brand new. It was so clean and shiny. I mean, cleaner and shinier than I have ever had it. It looks really good which is great because I can take some pictures of it before it gets dusty. I'm going to try and sell my car and get a smaller car with much better gas mileage. The Explorer was great in getting me out to LA, but I really don't need it anymore. In addition to that, I had to get my car smogged so I can finally register it in California. I've been bummed the last few days because one of my co-workers told me how his friend got a smog check on his car and it failed, and he had to pay like $500 to get it repaired up to California's emission standards. So, I went on the website for the smog test sites and it talked about all these tests they do and how California's standards are higher than the federal standards. I just KNEW that my car was going to fail the test. My car is from Ohio and we don't have smog tests there, and I haven't had any maintenance done on my car since I bought in 2005. So, I go to the smog test center all depressed, but somehow it PASSED!! Every test! It out me in the best mood. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that perhaps this was a result of my car accident. The accident cost me know money out of my pocket, but there was some internal damage in my engine. Maybe whatever they fixed in there cleaned up my engine a bit and caused my car to pass the smog check? I guess we'll never know, but I'll pretend that's why it happened. If so, then it was worth it in my opinion. $500 is one month's rent!!!


In other news, Transformers comes out July 4th. Don't bother trying to look for me though. All of the scenes I was in were pretty wide shots. I'm only mentioning it here because I am going to see the movie with my favorite crazy of all time. The one and only Pam!! If you need a refresher on who she is and why she cracks me up, click here. She was in the movie with me and I CAN NOT wait to see it with her. I'm going to be laughing so hard. Here is an exerpt from an e-mail she sent me last night:

If you are getting this note that's because I have a ticket for theTransformers movie with your name on it! I can't believe this day is almost here!!!!!! We are in my Arclight member preferred seating row O, seats 20-24. Right now, this is the attendee list: Me, Kris, Joe, Nicole, Cole, with Douglas on reserve.

[Three long paragraphs left out by me]

Pam,
Beloved of Optimus

Yes, that is how she signed her E-mail. It was not made up by me. This is going to be so hard. The Arclight theater is this movie theater here where they have movie premiere's all the time. There are absolutely no lights in the theater. It is completely black when the movie starts. Also, there is no noise or cell phones. If the light from your cell phone screen is seen, even if you're just text messaging, they will kick your ass out. They don't play at the Arclight. You will get kicked out for talking to. Yall know I can't control my laughter. I hope Pam only makes me laugh at funny parts in the movie, but I know that's just not going to happen. Also, I'm going to take my camera this time so you all can see what this woman looks like!

Here's the positive quote before I go to work (of course):

"Through persistence, you can be one of those happy, victorious people who not only chases dreams, but who catches them! The persistent person also persevers long enough for their dreams to catch up with them!"

Catherine Ponder, The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back safe, Kris! And now the next phase of your career begins.

And yay on passing the smog check! Yeah, Ohio's e-check is pretty lame -- our van just passed even though the muffler is about to fall off.

Can't wait to hear about the screening!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had a good visit home, sorry I didn't get to see you :(. I hope everything keeps going so well for you!