Saturday, June 02, 2007

I'm Going Home!!

This is attempt #2 at going home and I'm going to make sure it happens, no matter what this time. I think it was meant to be. I'm flying on the new airline, Skybus. Skybus made Columbus, Ohio (where I'm from) their home base, and as of right now, all of their flights only fly to or from Columbus. In addition to that, they do not fly into LAX (or any other major airport, but into the Burbank airport (and other smaller airports). My new apartment is 5 miles from the Burbank Airport and almost 30 miles from LAX. It's like it was created just for me!

I'm uber excited. I really love Los Angeles, but I NEED to get away from the hustle and bustle of this city, just for a few days. With everything that's gone on in the last month, it's just been stress, stress and more stress. Plus, I haven't seen any family or friends from Ohio since I moved here. It will be a whole year as of June 29th. That's too long!! No one should go that loing without seeing their mother!! Can't wait to see my mom and everyone else and eat, eat, eat good food the whole time I'm there!

Skybus is a brand new airline and all their planes are brand new as well. The use full size Airbus A319 jets and all of their flights are non-stop!! I really like that part. No connecting flights, no long layovers in airports. It's great. Also, there is no business or first class on this airline. The entire cabin is full of leather seats and the aisles are wider than on most other airplanes. The inside of the plane looks like the picture on the right, I think. One of my co-workers has a friend that flew on the very first Skybus flight on May 23rd, and she said she really liked it. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks amazing! wish i could travel like that!
have a great trip!

tell me - did you take acting classes ? do you have any chances getting jobs without being a studied (sorry, my english isnt perfect) actor? whats that like in the usa?

Anonymous said...

Yay Kris! Ohio is good this time of year!

About Airbus -- the founder or whatever promised that there would be at least 10 seats sold for $10.00 on each flight they make. I'm sure you have to be incredibly lucky to book one of those, but just the fact that they exist is amazing. And wow, the plane looks beautiful!

Yayyyyy!

Kris said...

Kathrin -- Yes, I took some acting classes in college, and I also took some when I moved to Los Angeles. Fortunately for me, you do not need any kind of degree or formal training to get into acting here in the United States. In Hollywood, it's mostly about if you "look" right for the part, and it's more about who you know in this town as opposed to how much talent you have. Thats just the way it is.

Lin -- Yes, those $10 seats on Skybus go quick. I looked as far in the future as October, and they are all gone already. Although, there are some flights for $50 and $75 still available, which is great too. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the acting biz, I can't make flight reservations that far in advance. :(

Anonymous said...

YEAH! My son is coming home. Can't wait to see you. Been missing you so much. Love you, Mom

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Check the blog in about 30 minutes. So glad you are going home!

Nita said...

Kris, Hope you have a great visit! It is great to see another Ohioan living out their dreams. Loved you in Criminal Minds, hope to see more of your work. Keep us posted!
Peace and love,
Nita

Oh yeah ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!