Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Been A Whole Year!

I was hoping to post this on the actual day, but I guess that didn't happen. Anyways, Sunday July 1st was my one year anniversary of arriving in Los Angeles. Where did the time go??? I can't believe it. It doesn't seem like anywhere near a year ago when I was leaving Ohio (teary eyed) to start my trek across the country. Yes, I got teary eyes leaving Ohio. Not because I was sad. Well, I was sad to leave all my family and friends, but it was more nerves than anything. I have never lived anywhere else in my life besides Columbus, Ohio. I think that is why I've been stressed so much lately. I love LA, but I thought I would just move here and adjust just fine and be on my merry way. Not so fast. I didn't even realize it until I was watching one of the news stations one morning a few weeks ago, and one of the newscasters said that when she moved to LA, it took her 4 years to fully adjust and feel like this was her "home". I get so anxious and I'm constantly worrying about my well-being and my finances. I think I just need to sit back and take a breather and realize that I can't do everything at once! I like the fact that I am a go-getter and that I can stay focused on the things I want to achieve. I think it's what helped me to get my SAG eligibility, my agent and the 2 films that I have done this year. But the disadvantage is that I tend to take on too much at one time. I've had a few, what shall I call them......"emotional releases" over the last year. Some of them out of sheer anger and frustration, some out of fear of the unknown. Why I'm admitting this to the whole world.....I have no idea. In any case, looking back on my first year here, I can't really complain. I've accomplished a good deal and met some great people, including Jill who runs the Criminal Minds Fanatic Blog. She has been a MAJOR help to me, in more ways than one. I've made some good friends (and lost a few, which I'll talk about in my next post).

As far as the acting goes, I'm hoping things pick up a little bit. My new pictures have been getting a lot of repsonses from casting directors of various projects, etc. I really think they are the best ones yet, and I'm just glad to be at least auditioning again. I had 4 this past weekend. I'm not sure I had that many for the whole months of April and May combined! I'm just working on being a better auditioner and I'm really ready to do some serious projects. Wish me luck!! Now if I could just get my agent to call me a little more often as well..............


I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. I'll be going to see Transformers with Pam. This should be interesting, but I'm excited. Here's the positive quote:


"If the mountain were smooth, you wouldn't be able to climb it."


--Unknown


I just heard this the other day on tv and I've already forgotten who said it, but I LOVE this quote. It means a lot to me especially. I say it to myself everytime I feel myself getting impatient or frustrated. I don't think that necessarily EVERYTHING we really want in life has to be hard to achieve, but when it is, and we finally get it, what a great feeling! It's validation that we are capable of achieving our goals if we stay focused. I'm taping this one to my wall so that I see it every morning when I wake up!

1 comment:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Send the email. You are a go getter so lets go get them!