Saturday, December 02, 2006

I Got Caught In A Paparazzi Storm!

I'll get to the paparazzi in a sec, first I'm going to talk about my week. Wednesday, 11/29, I was back on CSI: Miami and this time we shot on location in Long Beach. I have to say, I thought Long Beach was slummy, but it wasn't. We were shooting downtown, right on the harbor, and that area is actually really nice. There are shops, stores, restaurants, palm trees, huge hotel buildings. It was pretty cool. I could see the huge smoke stacks of the Queen Mary sitting in the harbor. It looked a lot like the Titanic if you ask me. On the flip side, it was really cold this day. It only got up to 61 degrees, and after the sun went down, it was just down right freezing. (I have to interject here that today, 12/2, it was back up to 80 degrees at midday. December and its 80 degrees!!!!!! I've never experienced this in my life! I love it!). Anyways, there was this guy there who was a chain smoker. He had to be my age, and I swear he had the beginnings of meth mouth! At least I hope it was meth mouth, because if his teeth looked like that simply from NOT brushing, that is pretty sad. Everytime this guy laughed or smiled I wanted to barf. I know that as he puffed away on all those cigarettes he was thinking how he couldn't wait to get home to his crystal meth. YUCK!

Thursday I was on the set of Adam Sandler's new movie. It's called I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and it's about two straight firefighters that pretend to be gay and get married to get tax breaks and insurance benefits and all that stuff. The scene that I was in was where they get caught lying and are thrown in jail. Outside the jail cell a bunch of gay rights activists are gathering around and protesting and chanting for Chuck and Larry to be let out. So, I was one of the gay rights supporters out side the jail. They shot the scene with the camera looking out of the jail cell, so Adam Sandler wasn't there at all that day.

Friday I was back on Grey's Anatomy and it was pretty boring. I was in a scene with Izzie, George and Miranda. I have to say, the actress that plays Miranda is SO cool. I don't know her real name and I don't feel like looking it up. She was so funny though. She was just acting like a goof ball, laughing and joking around with us. She had everyone laughing. George and Izzie didn't talk to us at all. They both just stood there either talking to each other or messing around with their phones. Whatever. I like Miranda, and she's actually really pretty in person. So is Izzie. On my way home from the set this day is when I encountered the paparazzi frenzy.......

So, I was in my car, almost home. I was on Sunset Blvd, on the strip. I'm driving, minding my own business when an SUV speeds by me, weaving around cars and screeches their tires as they stop at the red light just ahead. I thought to myself, "These stupid L.A. drivers! There is no reason to drive like that!". Then a second SUV goes left of center from behind me, to get around me and screeches to a halt at the red light. Then, both cars just go straight through the red light. I'm thinking, "They did not just do that!" with my jaw dropped. So then 3 more cars speed by me and run through the red light that I'm stopped at. At this point, I'm like, "What is going on? Am I missing something here? Is the light not working?". Two more cars speed by me and through the light. My next thought is, "Holy shit! Two gangs are beefin and chasing each other and there is going to be some kind of drive-by shooting or something". Then I remembered that I was on the Sunset Strip and gang activity usually doesn't happen anywhere near there. A few more cars with dark tinted windows speed by me, one going left of center and almost crashing head on with a car in on-coming traffic. Then it hit me. The paparazzi are chasing a celebrity. I don't know who it was. I've seen this stuff on tv, like on those Vh1 shows and stuff, but I hadn't seen this in real life since I've been in Los Angeles. It was crazy, and everything that I've just said happened within a matter of seconds. It made me realize that it must really suck to have people chasing you like that all the time. but I guess that is the price you pay for fame! All I know is that, so help them God, if one of them would have crashed into my car, I was going to join in the chase and someone was going to get their ass beat!! haha

Now I have to get to bed because I have to be on the set at 5 am tomorrow. Yes, 5 am on a Sunday. You know what this means?? It means that when I'm driving to the set (which will be UCLA's campus) at 4:30 am, there will be people driving home from the club!!! I've even come home after 5 am before. That's crazy!

3 comments:

Criminal Minds Fan said...

Two years ago my daughter and her class where flying back from D.C. to Memphis and there plane was really late and when it landed they took a long time coming into the terminal. There were thirty or more parents in our group. As soon as someone spotted the first student we started clapping and all of a sudden this woman infront of the kids walks up to all of us and starts thanking us and offering us autographs. You cannot imagine how embarrased she felt when she realized that we were clapping for the kids and nobody had recognized her at all. It was Emily Proctor. In our defense, because many of us are actually fans of the show, she had no makeup on, was dressed very casually, had her hair pulled back and is really tiny. She was lovely and we all visited with her and the kids for about half an hour.I hope she is that gracious on the set. Jill

Kris said...

Ah yes, Emily Procter. I forgot to mention her. VERY NICE woman. Always friendly and says Hi. That's all I ask!

Unknown said...

I love Miranda! I'm glad to hear that she is really cool in real life!
And you should have jumped in on the paparazzi mob...that would have been mad interesting!