Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Well, The Weather is Great

Not much has happened this week. I had a few auditions for some student films, so we'll see if I hear back from them. I worked on Sunday, super early at 5 am on location at UCLA. It was for a new pilot called Greek. It's about a dorky kid's first year in college. He's new, he's nerdy and he wants to join a frat. And let me tell you, they sure did find the dorkiest lookin kid in L.A.! Skinny, hair all messed up. He must be a pretty experienced actor though to get a lead role on a pilot. I know one thing, in between takes, he was lighting up his cancer sticks and puffing away. I bet you he's like 30 and playing an 18 year old. When I first saw him bust out his cigarette, I was shocked, because he looks like he could be 16. Like teenagers don't smoke anyway. I knew that. I just played a college student walking across the courtyard as they filmed. BORING!! However, of course it never fails for me to meet some weird person. This day it was a girl who had to be about 21 years old I would say. We were on a lunch break and she was sitting right across from me at the table. She had eaten her food and I guess she was bored. Most people will get out a book to read, crossword puzzles, gameboys, etc. etc. You know what she broke out?? A MY LITTLE PONY COLORING BOOK! WTF?!? I'm not kidding folks. She broke it out, flipped through some pages that were elaborately colored to perfection until she got to a blank page. She then got out her multitude of colored pencils and went to town! Is that weird/funny to anyone else? It sure was to me.




Monday I was back on the show Shark. Long day which means a lot of money, but it was hella boring. The crazy person I met that day was this old lady. Remember Joey from Friends? Remember his agent, Estelle? That is who this lady reminded me of. Ok, the picutre on the left is a wee bit extreme, but you get my drift. We were sitting there on the set, and someone asked her to borrow a pen, and this lady went off!! She got so mad. She was going on about how it is ridiculous to not have a pen with you, blah blah blah. She said she has been doing background for 5 years and never forgotten her pen. She then said, "It's not like it's brain surgery!". Sheesh. She must have some deep down issues. I guess I don't blame her. If I had been doing background for 5 years, I'd probably be a little on edge too! This incident must have stressed her out, because she then got out a cigarette and lighter and went go pump a few more ounces of tar into her lungs. Oh well.





I took yesterday and today off for auditions. Yesterday I hung out with Afrah at her place. We watched Oprah since that was the only option because they only get 2 channels over there, and we sat on two hard wood chairs since their place isn't furnished yet. Lovely. haha Later that night, we decided to go to the movies in Century City. We ended up not seeing a movie because this stupid theater like to show movies every 3 hours. But, as we were going up an escalator, there was a couple in front of us. The guy turned his head to talk to the girl, and we realized it was Ludacris! Just him and his girl. No paparazzi, no body guards, none of that stuff. They didn't want to wait around for a movie either, so they left as well. He is shorter than I thought (as most celebs are) at about 5'7" I'd say. There was hardly anyone at the mall/theater, so he didn't have to deal with any crowds. I didn't say anything to him, cause I'm just not that person.

That's it, I have a headache. I'm going to watch some t.v.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Dude, you have an endlessly interesting life. Counterpoint: today I went to class, the end. I wish I knew more of what you were referring to sometimes (Joey's agent Estelle??). I do know who Ludacris is though, and I am shocked that I am taller than him (shocked). Enjoy your time out there with all those smokers. We learned during Pulm. that the avg. smoker lives 13 years less - depressing, no?

Nichole said...

Tres depressing, Andy!

Kris, I can't believe you saw Ludacris. Good for you for not bothering him. I find him oddly attractive, too. I enjoyed his role in Crash.