Monday, December 18, 2006

Time For a Break

Well, the television industry has officially gone on winter hiatus. I've heard that the hiatus lasts 2 weeks, and I also heard that it lasts 6 weeks. I'm praying it's only 2 weeks or else I really will have to get another job. I plan to try and stay busy over the holidays though one way or another. As for the end of last week, I went into a rage and I had to cuss someone out. Just my luck, I knew this would happen. Basically, I didn't get my 2nd SAG voucher. I'm not going to get into the whole story here, but to make a long story short, I had to call the casting company and cuss them out. So, they said they would get me my 2nd voucher after the winter break. Apparently the script on the show got changed and they didn't need me for that second day. I mean, it's the entertainment industry, it happens. But I was still mad.

Thursday I was on this new show called The Game. It premiered this fall on the CW and it stars Tia Mowry (or maybe its Tamara, I can never remember). You might remember them from the show Sister Sister a few years back. Tia (or Tamara) wasn't there the day I was. Also starring on this show is Wendy Raquel Robinson. She was the principal on The Steve Harvey Show. This show is about a professional football player and his girlfriend. We were shooting on location at a night club. Guest starring on this episode was Eva Marcelle. You would know her better as Eva Pigford becasue she won one of the seasons of America's Next Top Model. Eva is hella short and that surprised me. You always hear about models (especially runway models) having to be at least 5'9". Eva is 5'6" at the tallest. She's very cute, but I hope she is taking some acting classes. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's frustrating for any actor when they see someone get a role on a show or in a film when that person isn't even an actor. They only got cast because their face is recognizable. I especially hate it when singers get their own movie, simply because they are already famous. You can tell the acting is horrible in a lot of these movies as well. Anyways, I'm not saying Eva was terrible, but there were some scenes that had to be done in excess of 15 times because Eva wasn't doing it right. The director was basically coaching her on what to do in detail. Oh well, that's how Hollywood works. Once you make a name for yourself whether it be through acting, singing, modeling, or sports, and once you know people, it's not hard to get roles on various projects!

So that's it for the work week. Now, I want to just take the time to ask everyone to go this website: https://www.lighttounite.org/. Bristol-Meyers Squibb is donating $1 to AIDS research for every person that goes to this site and lites the candle. That's all you have to do! Light the candle. It's takes a few clicks of your mouse button and only a few seconds. More information is on the website about what they are funding, and also statistics about AIDS.

In other news, Afrah and I went out to a couple of clubs here on Saturday night. It was the first time we had went to club since she moved here in September, and it really is the first time I've gone to a club since I moved here too. I drank more than I needed too, but that's ok because I haven't had alcohol since July! Plus, between the clubs on Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd, everything is within walking distance to my place, so driving wasn't even an issue. Afrah really didn't want to go out at first, but after she got a few drinks in her, she was telling me that going out was the best idea ever and she was having so much fun! She is funny. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera, so no pics of that night!

Now, I came across another video that I HAVE to post here. It's a video clip for a new reality show on Oxygen. I don't even know the name of it. I was laughing so hard when I watched it though. The girl in the video is Ripsi (yeah, that's her name) and this night she drank a whole bottle of tequila and went on a rampage! She tries to beat one girl up, then she trahses the kitchen, THEN she goes upstairs and attacks an innocently sleeping girl. TOO FUNNY. Watch for yourself!




When is the last time you've seen someone THAT drunk. It's been a while for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Game? Neva heard of it. What episode? I'm almost scared to watch it.

maggie.danhakl@healthline.com said...

Hi,

I hope this finds you well. Healthline just released an informative article with graphics regarding HIV/AIDs facts in the US and around the World. The page details who is being effected and the cost of treatment. You can check out the resource here: http://www.healthline.com/health/hiv-aids/facts-statistics-infographic

This valuable, med-reviewed information shows the need to continueeducating people on prevention and how to protect yourself and your loved ones. I thought this would be a great resource for your audience, and I am writing to ask if you would include it as a source of information on your page: http://fromohiotola.blogspot.com/2006/12/time-for-break.html

Please let me know if this would be possible. I’m happy to answer any other questions as well.

Warm regards,
Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

About Us: corp.healthline.com