Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Oh yeah........

How could I forget to mention this? Last week, I sent Ohio State my official notification of withdrawal from the school. Let me just say that the letter was only a few sentences long, yet it took my an hour to write. I was shaking the whole time. It was so nerve-wracking. I couldn't even hit the send button myself. I had to have someone else do it for me. I felt light headed and as if I was going to break down any second. My safety net is no longer there. I'm out here to do this for real! I am no longer a medical student. I couldn't help but ask myself over and over again if I had just ruined my life. Sometimes, I still don't know. I guess only time will tell. Although, if I followed my heart and desires, which I believe I did, then everything will be all right, right??

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kris -- {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

It doesn't matter that you had to have someone else hit the 'send' button. You still did it. I think you're incredibly brave, and strong, and dedicated. And I have rooted so hard for anyone to make it since ... well, since Al Gore was running for president.

You're gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

{sigh} I have NOT rooted so hard for anyone. Yeesh! (This is why I have an editor -- heh!)

Anonymous said...

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.
John A. Shedd

Kris said...

Aww Lin, you never cease to amaze me. You always leave me speechless with your truly heartfelt messages. I do appreciate all of them.

And Anonymous, thanks for that great quote. It certainly is true and I shall pass it along to anyone else I encounter who is struggling with the same things I am.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and kisses from Mom.

Anonymous said...

Life will always haves twists and turns; ups and downs. Life is a series of test. You take each test and learn some very valuable lessons from them all. Nothing happens by accident. And if life was to be such a breeze how then would be grow, learn and become wise. Keep your head up, your dreams alive and know that you are loved. Love you, Mom!

jkv said...

"A guy from Ohio can make it in life if he works hard enough."
-Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes

Anonymous said...

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I have so much confidence in you. I KNOW you are going to be talking to me one day about starting a Kris Campbell Fan Site!

ribbij said...

all that matters I'm convinced is that you're doing something you love. now tell me again how to rationalize the 36 hr shift I just got off of at the hospital? keep on keeping on...