Saturday, October 14, 2006

The First Rain


I have been in L.A. for about 3 and a half months now and it rained for the first time yesterday, since I've been here. It wasn't very much and it lasted for only 30 minutes or so. It's just amazing to me: 3 months with no rain. It rains every other day in Ohio. I'm surprised it wasn't acid rain that melted everyone's skin away considering all the smog here in L.A., hence the picture on the left. Plus, it's October, and the average daily temperature here is 75 degrees, whereas in Ohio it's in the 50's right now. I've never lived anywhere but Ohio before and I'm not used to such a steady climate. I love it.

I only worked two days this week which sucked because I was bored out of my mind. There is so much to do in L.A., but it's not really fun when your other friends are working and you don't have anyone to do them with. Wednesday I worked a show called All of Us which is a show on the CW network starring Duane Martin and Lisa Raye. Tisha Campbell (Gina from Martin and My Wife and Kids) was guest starring that day. In real life she is married to Duane Martin. It was cool. I was in a restaurant scene and everyone on the set was really laid back. Nothing special happened that day. Oh, but guess who was directing this particular episode? It was Alfonso Ribeiro aka Carlton. Makes sense. Will Smith created the show. Alfonso was cool but he's gained A LOT of weight!

Friday, I was back on Vanished. I played a hotel staffer. Once again, they gave me some good camera time. There was a small fight scene, scuffle rather, in the hotel lobby, and they needed another person to step in and help. So, naturally they approach me to do it among the other 20 extras, haha. BUT, still no speaking lines. I should've just asked them for a line. That's how one of my friends got a line in a show. Oh well. This time I will watch the previews on Monday nights so I can be 100% positive when this episode is going to air, then I'll let everyone know. By the time this episode airs, hopefully I'll be doing something bigger and better anyway. Who knows. Hollywood is brutal.

The only interesting thing that happened to me this week was someone that I ran into, and actually talked to in the grocery store earlier this week. This person can be considered a legend. At her peak, she was a huge music star. I think she had hits starting in the 60's and going on into the 80's. So, I'm walking around in the grocery store and coming around the corner I see a head full of some big, wild hair. This woman is wearing a purple, suede sweatsuit and pushing her grocery cart. She turns her head toward me, and I'm looking right at Diana Ross!! THE Diana Ross from the Supremes. I kind of froze for a minute because I'm standing right in front of someone who is really famous, and then I just said, "Hi, Ms. Ross". She said, "Hi, how are you?" I said, "I'm fine", then we went on our merry ways. She was nice, and she's the most famous person I've met since I've been here.

Well, remember the Japanese video from my last post? My mom and sister thought it was stupid. They didn't even laugh. I don't know why I think it is so funny, but I do. I said I'd post part two, so I still will. If you think it's dumb, then don't watch it, but I think it's hilarious. They tried to get creative and add in some scenes with actors. My random observation for this video is that the camera guy keeps zooming in on the girls' shoulders, of all areas. Just something I noticed.




Ok, that's it for Japanese videos. I'm over it now, lol

1 comment:

Nichole said...

What is it? An exercise video? Self defense lessons? I think it's funny, and definately fascinating. Japanese culture is so intriguing! Have you heard of bento? A bento box is a Japanese lunch box, and they generally tend to attempt to pack lunches in a cute way. I plan on attempting this when E is older. The rice balls they make look so DELISH! I'm nuts about bento...check out this link: http://mmmbento.livejournal.com/

I can't believe you met Diana Ross! Figures she was wearing purple, I always imagine purple when I think of her.