Monday, October 09, 2006

This Is What I Have To Deal With!

This past Friday was the first night shift I've ever done doing background. My call time was 9 pm at 20th Century Fox Studios for a show called Standoff. It's a new show, I've never heard of it, I know nothing about it. In any case, we started at 10 pm and wrapped at 4:30 am!!!!! Do you think my night was boring?? Of course not, because once again, I met a crazy person. I've often wondered if there is something about me that draws weird people to me because I attract them like magnets. Even after my mom read about the crazy lady on the Transformers set, she called me to say she thought I was making it all up. I told her no, and she asked me how on earth I attract these people. Afrah has pondered the same thing. I have no clue, because honestly, I sit there and mind my own business if I don't feel like talking, but they somehow migrate over to me and start chatting away.

Anyway, I meet this guy who I'll call Gadston, and he is about 57 years old. He has a southern accent and talks like a wise old, grandparent that loves to tell stories. I'm sitting across from him, and there is a guy sitting next to him. He is talking this guy's ear off and I'm just glad it isn't me for once. But then the guy gets up and Gadston turns his attention to me. Here is a transcript of our conversation at 2 in the morning (notice how one sided it is):

Gadston: Ya know, I do this background work a few times a week to get away from my wife.

Me: Oh really

Gadston: Oh yeah, that woman annoys me sometimes. I gotta get away from her! Actually,
she saw me on t.v. the other day on Without A Trace.

Me: For real

Gadston: Yeah, I played a night clubber at a strip club and I had to put money in the thongs of
all these pretty ladies.

Me: Wow, that's interesting.

Gadston: Oh yeah, them ladies were fine. And when my wife saw me on that episode, it got her
horny as hell.

Me: Really?

Gadston: Oh yeah, seein me with all those pretty ladies, my wife got sexy as hell after that!

Me: Musta been nice.

Gadston: Yeah, and on the set that day there was this really F-I-N-E woman. She was so sexy
and she caught me staring at her snatch!!

Me: ooohhhh

Gadston: All I could do was look at her and say, "I'm sorry". She looked at me and
said, "That's all right!"

At this point, all I could do was laugh, because he was being so serious. It was funny, but then one of the assistant directors rescued me and called us all into the set. This guy just kept talking and talking and talking. Who will I meet next? I can only imagine.


I don't have anything else to say right now, but I just want to leave you with a short video clip. If you've ever watched Flavor of Love, then you know who New York is. She cracks me up!! I can sit and laugh at her all day. I found this video clip that someone put together on Youtube and it's hilarious. At least I think so. Oh and a little DISCLAIMER here: All black people DO NOT act like this, obviously. These people are picked specifically for television and ratings and all that stuff. I know most of you know this, but with what I've experienced in the last year, you'd be surprised at the ignorance of some people!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord Kris. If you ever get your picture taken with New York, pleeeeeease post it :) It would be the highlight of my life.


....and thanks for the birthday wishes on facebook !

Justin said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Right now, that show is the only thing keeping me alive!

Apparently, New York has a myspace, on which she insists that she is nothing like she is made out to be on the show. What do you think of that? I'm doubtful; it's hard ot make all of that stuff up.

Nichole said...

She's 23? Smoking must really be taking a toll on her, I thought she was at least 30. Is it obvious I can't stand her (and her crazy mom)?

Great montage!