Saturday, April 14, 2007

Transition 1: Complete

Damn, I'm glad I've got some good work ethic! I've finally secured and started my new job, so in terms of income, I'm good. I now have 3 jobs technically. I'm still registered to do background, I work at the gym and I now work at a hotel in Beverly Hills at the front desk. Easy jobs, but long days. In the next 7 days, I will be working 60 hours between the gym and the hotel. That means, I have 2 full days completely off. Most people would use those days to rest. I might, I might not. It depends on how I feel. That's the ONE good thing about doing background. You book yourself the day before. Now, seeing that the average day on the set is 10 hours (sometimes 12-14), if I did background on my 2 off days, I would easily hit 80 hours this week! That's pretty hectic, huh?? It's really not surprising to me. I mean, I was in medical school last year. I had long days like this all the time, and doctors do it regularly. I think I am built for this stuff. I look at it this way. I'm young. I'm single (for now). I have no kids. I'm healthy. Why the heck not work? I like to have money to buy the things that I want. If I took the days off, it would always be in the back of my mind that I could have made an extra $200 on those days. The trick, now, is to juggle doing auditions with all these jobs! Ahh.....the life of an aspiring actor. You gotta love it! Somehow, some way, it all has to work out. I've invested too much of my time and money into this for it not to! I'm claiming my success now! haha

In other news (for anyone who cares), my next transition is the roommate search. It is stressful, hectic, and I absolutely hate it, but that's life I guess. I put out an ad on a roommates website specifically stating what I was looking for. It included things like, someone my age, no druggies, no smokers, cool people, laidback people, people looking to stay for at least a year, no drama, etc. The responses so far:

  • a guy my age that lives around the corner
  • a guy my age also from ohio
  • another guy a few years older than me that lives around the corner
  • a 42 year old man (yes, 42) and his WIFE of 17 years
  • a recently divorced 38 year old man with one kid
  • a girl from (and currently living in) Russia!!
  • a guy from India who needs a place in the US for 8 weeks!!!
  • a guy who needs a place for the summer

Now, as you can see I listed the cool, normal people first, the first three. I saved the crazies for last. I just don't get it! For one, I specifically stated in my ad (in capital letters): DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR TEMPORARY HOUSING. I explicitly stated that I was looking for someone my age. The only people I would want to live with over the age of 35 are family members. It would just be too weird, wouldn't it?? I clearly stated this was a one bedroom apartment and that I was only looking for one other roommate. Why is a married couple even contacting me??? Can somebody out there explain this to me?!?! Am I missing something??? AHHHHHHHH

Enough of that, I have a headache all over again. So, I basically typed up this blog in about 15 minutes. I'm dead tired, but I know everyone is just dying for me to update (kidding!). It usually takes me a good hour to do a blog post, think about what I'm going to talk about and how I'm going to set it up, look for pics, etc. Well, you don't get pictures this time, but I won't leave out the positive quote.

"Do not waste your time holding grudges, even toward those who have treated you unjustly. You will meet such people along the way, as you rise toward success. Others who are not making the grade will try to hold you down to their mediocre level, but they can't if you refuse to be bothered by what they say or do. Nobody can keep your success and prosperity from you but yourself."

--Catherine Ponder, "The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity"

This quote is kind of random, but I think everyone can take something from it.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Yea for you Kris! I am glad you are doing ok and hope the roommate situation works out ok. I have five roommates at home, and if we didn't love each other so much, there would be massacres! LOL It is hard to get along, even when you know each other and have things in common...I can't imagine doing it with a total stranger. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

The part you forgot to put in your ad was "Must read advertisements carefully before responding."

Good luck -- I hope you find someone you mesh with just right.

Here's a tip -- when interviewing, mention your favorite foods. If he says, "Oh, yeah, I love that" it's a bad sign -- means you'll always be fighting over it. If he says, "Eww, gross!" you're gold, because your favorites will never disappear!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with anything, but the minute I read it I thought of you:

Turn the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.
-- Frank Lloyd Wright

Kris said...

Lin, that's so cool that you thought about me. Interestingly, that quote does kind of sum me up in a nutshell. Except, I more or less turned my world all the way upside down rather than just on its side, haha.

Andy said...

I'd go with the Russian, d00d.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris, Jill said you were in an accident...but okay? I am sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear you are ok. But you need to blog and tell us you are ok...please!!!

Be careful out there! and BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kris -- so sorry to hear about your accident! But so glad you're okay. Acting now, stunts later, okay? Yeesh, you make your fans worry so!

Take care and feel better!