Thursday, April 05, 2007

At Least It's Nice and Sunny

I guess one thing about phasing out background is that my posts can be a little shorter and to the point now (and more frequent, kind of......sort of......hopefully, lol). I've still been working over night so I've been able to enjoy our sunny and 80 degree weather here. Don't hate! A portion of the Hollywood Hills caught on fire last week in case anyone didn't know. Right behind the Hollywood Sign. I live at the base of the Hollywood Hills, about 2 miles from where the fire was. Some apartment complexes had to be evacuated, but no residential areas were damaged. They got it under control. Scary.

So, I was working at the gym the other night. You would be surprised at the number of people that come in all through the night. It still amazes me. The regulars come in every night, and they know me know, so it's cool. Anyways, the other night I was at the front desk and it was about 3:30 am. I see this car park in the parking lot and this guy gets out and is walking towards the door. He has a huge bag on his back, coats in one arm, miscellaneous stuff in the other arm, and a cigarette in his mouth. He is dropping things because he has so much stuff. It was pretty funny. He comes right up to the front door and then throws his cigarette butt on the ground and steps on it. Now, I know smokers work out too, but I was thinking, "This guy is crazy. Who not only smokes a cigarette right before they work out, but literally right up to the front door?" I mean, it's like he wanted to smoke for as along as he possibly could until he got into the gym. He then walks through the door. I glance at my computer screen, and then at him, and guess who it is? It's Danny Bonaduce!!! LOL From the Vh1 reality show Breaking Bonaduce (and from The Partridge Family of course). He looks just like he does on the tv. He's short. However, he was REALLY cool. He was a nice guy. You know I keep it real and wouldn't lie. He also came back the next night looking for some punching bags, but we didn't have any. You never know who you're going to bump into in Hollywood. Now, I just need Mariah Carey to waltz in one night.

Also, I was at the grocery store the other day and I ran into Christine Taylor, better known as Ben Stiller's wife. She is pretty and thing, just like any other actress. I didn't talk to her though. I wantedd to, but like I said, I'm not that kind of person. I did want to say something though because I used to watch this show she was on years ago when I was kid. It was a show on Nickelodeon called Hey Dude! Is there anyone my age reading this that rememebers that show? I never missed it.

That's it. Positive quote:

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."

~Harriet Tubman

I really hope everyone (in America at least) knows who Harriet Tubman is. As soon as I saw this quote, I had to use it here. It really puts things into perspective. When I think about what hardships people have gone through in the past, whether it be the slaves during the Atlantic Slave Trade, the Jews during the Holocaust, the Native Americans, the first settlers who set up camp at Jamestown, Virginia, or even my own grandmother who moved 7 young children from Jamaica to the United States, BY HERSELF, it makes me think the things I whine about now are nothing! I have no right to be tired or inconvenienced. I have goals damnit and I'm not stopping until I achieve them! Who's with me??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally remember Hey Dude!

It's a little wild and a little strange, when you make your home out on the range. So start your horse and come along, you can't get a ride if you can't hold on.

It was an awesome show ^_^

Anonymous said...

You know I'm with you, Kris!

My editor (you know, the one I sent a submission to because you inspired me) asked for re-writes. This still doesn't guarantee she's going to buy the book, but it's kinda like, they haven't proposed yet, but we're definitely going steady. Wheeee!

I'm glad you didn't get burned out. I wondered if you were close when I saw it on the news. And as for weather ... it was 80 here in Ohio on Monday. On Tuesday, it snowed. So here's my Ohio wisdom for the week: Life it like the weather. If you don't like it right now, just keep going and wait a while.

Anonymous said...

It's cold and snowy here, again! Make room for Mom! LOL LOL LOL

Danni said...

Oh! I like those quotes...and the picture. Except, I hate to ignore my goals. LOL

I put another picture of the snow here up and am with your mom...about to come and visit. But then, not so wild about wildfires and earthquakes!

I finally figured out how to put my picture on my 'bio' part of the blog. Aren't I the clever one?!

So, cool stuff happening there at the gym. We don't get that here in the wilds of NH. Though, a former Mouseateer (is that how they spelled it?) runs the SRT. Her name was 'Darlene' (lol...actually it still is) and this was way before any of our times. But...since you named dropped. *grin*

Gotta go get a couple hours of sleep. Work at 4am. Then dance, then running lines, then work. Hope your Saturday is a good one!

Kris said...

Danni: The quote isn't saying you should ignore your goals. It's saying that the majority of people do ignore their goals because its so easy to just be lazy and not put in an effort to pursue your dreams.

I don't want to be like that.

Danni said...

*grin* Yes, Kris, I got that. I guess the cold just kept me from expressing myself where you could understand that I got it. ::innocent blink:::

SO...I figured out a way to 'warm up' If you are brave enough to visit my blog..you will see how.

:::dances away::::