Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm in Pain!!!

I'm going to do a quick post right now so I won't have so much to write this weekend. Basically, right now I'm sitting here in pain because I did a Tae-Bo workout with Billy Blanks yesterday. I got paid $100 to work out; I wasn't going to pass that up. Unfortunately, since I haven't been working out as often as I should, I pay the price by being sore for the next few days. The workout was intense, but good. His new routine is called Tae-Bo: Amped. I've never done Tae-Bo before, but it obviously is really good seeing how much pain I'm in, so I may actually get the video when it comes out. Yes, there were some people there who had no business being there. This includes a lady who looked just like Whitney Houston. Unfortunately, she looked like the drugged up Whitney at her darkest hour. Really, it was bad. I bet she was like 35, yet she looked over 50. She had on a poop brown wig, she was missing a few teeth in the back and she was doing Tae-Bo in boots....with heels!! Visualize with me here people...I'm NOT exaggerating. She looked almost identical to the picture to the left, and everyone yesterday was joking that Whitney Houston was doing Tae-Bo with us. I felt kind of bad for her because she looked so bad! Of course I forgot my camera....just when I needed it most!
There was also a man there who I think may have been a little slow mentally. I say that only because of the way he interacted with people and the way he communicated. In any case, during the Tae-Bo taping, he was just there flailing his arms around, not doing ANYTHING that looked like what the rest of us were doing. Guess where he stood?? Yep, right next to me. It was messing me up because I was laughing so damn hard! And that reminds me of one more thing, Tae-Bo is done in counts of 8, just like dancing........meaning.......rhythm is involved. I can't describe the number of people there who can not hold a beat. You know what I mean. You've seen these people in clubs "dancing like nobody's watching". I guess that's how you gotta do it. The whole day was just a big laugh fest for me. Extra ab workout for me!!!!

So the other day, actually about a week ago, I got locked out of my apartment again. It wasn't my fault this time. There is a deadbolt lock on our front door that we don't use. I've never even touched it. Well, this one time it decided to lock when I left. I came back, and Afrah was with me, and I couldn't get in. Not to worry, I thought. It's the middle of the day this time (as opposed to the middle if the night like last time), so I can go to the apartment manager and see if they have a spare key. We don't even have a key for the deadbolt!! Do you think he had the key? Not with my luck. I told him we don't use the deadbolt and this had never happened before, yet he kept asking me over and over if me and my roommate were having problems. I laughed because we get along great and my roommate was out of town anyway. Yet John (manager), kept inquiring whether my roommate was a "cool guy" or not. To make a long story short, I had to climb through my window again, with John giving me a boost this time. I should make a note here that this has only happened to me twice in my 4 months in L.A. so far, and BOTH times Afrah was with me! Do you see the connection??

I think that's all I wanted to say now, other than that it got to 94 degrees in Los Angeles yesterday, which broke the record of 92 degrees set 108 years ago. I am loving the heat. It's rainy and in the 50's in Ohio. I don't miss that crap at all!!!!

3 comments:

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

You Californians and your exercise and your reasons to exercise (the camera, etc.). If you want to be lazier, I would totally recommend Windsor Pilates (or maybe it's Winsor, I dunno, but that's not important). What IS important is that the woman on the workout DVDs is such a haunting fiend, I mean ugly beyond all comprehension, I mean a fucking monstrosity, and it just kind of makes you feel good to be alive and marginally chubbier than her. To each his own. Enjoy the hot hot heat!

Anonymous said...

...you know, it's a great day when I'm sitting in my cold apartment, reading about the physiology of the kidneys while the rain is pouring outside, and then to take a break i read your blog...
and discover that it's 94 FREAKING DEGREES OUT THERE IN LA!!! THIS is WHY i DON'T check LA weather anymore!!!

i could hate you for you being out there and not me, but i won't...at least, not right now. Maybe when it starts hitting the 20s on the temperature scale here, that's when the hate will begin!

...and you know i'm only HALF-kidding about that. =) glad to hear you're having fun out there, tho =D
tty soon!
-s