Thursday, July 27, 2006

Still Bored

I am terribly bored here and I don't know what to do with myself. It should be coming to an end soon though. I finally picked the picture I'm using as my main headshot, and I just turned in the order today to get duplications made. In the link to my photo album 2 blogs ago, it's the very last picture in the album, number 111. I hope it catches people's attention. I should have the copies Tuesday afternoon. It just sucks that you really can't do anything in this business without your pictures. Pictures to someone in entertainment are like scalpels to a sugeon. You can't do ANYTHING without them. So, what will I do when I get my picures? A few things.

First, about 25 of them will get mailed to various agents across town. Hopefully at least one, or a few, will be interested and contact me. I'll meet with them, decide which one I want to sign with, and then things start happening. The agent tries to get me work, thus ending my boredom. I also can send some pics directly to casting directors (the people who actually choose the actors to be in movies or television shows). I'm trying not be impatient, but I really want this stuff to happen fast. Not because I think I'm so great that I deserve it, but because I'm really ancy and about to go crazy. My work ethic is stellar. It's one of my personal strengths that I'm proud of. I've been either working, or in school since I was 15. During summers, I would work 2 jobs, just to be able to have more money to buy the things that I wanted. I never asked my parents for money. I've always been busy doing something. So you can imagine how having absolutely nothing to do is KILLING me right now. And it doesn't help that the only person I know here has a fulltime job.

I guess I'll tell you what I've done in the past week to kill time. I've gotten everything I need for my apartment, so I can't really go to Target, or the grocery store every day anymore. I don't need anything from those places. Last Friday my friend and I hung out on the Sunset Strip. But, of course the one time I check out the Strip (the first time since I moved here), it's dead. We even asked someone on the street what was going on, and they said the Strip was just dead that night and that it wass unusual.

Sunday, I decided to drive down Sunset Blvd all the way to the Pacific Ocean. It was neat. It takes you though Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, and Pacific Palisades. I saw the house O.J. Simpson used to live in, and the condo where Nicole Brown Simpson lived. Nothing big, but what else was I going to do? The biggest thing I did notice, however, was the 15 degree temperature drop from West Hollywood to Pacific Palisades on the beach. That's nothing new though. Later that day I went with my friend, Keisha (who I know from college) to one of her roommate's friends house for a pool party. It was fun. It was in Pasadena and I got to meet some people.

Wednesday, I went over to Keisha's place to watch America's Got Talent with them because Keisha and her roommate sang back up for one of the acts on the show. It was pretty cool. They were right there on stage. The show is taped at Paramount Studios, and it was taped on Saturday. I thought the show was live, but it's not.

That's pretty much it for my week. I'm trying to think of things to do, that are cheap, or free because I'm doing everything in my power to not have to get a regular job. Any ideas?? Still no other celeb sightings (like I really care; just saying for those of you that do, lol), although Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie were partying somewhere here in West Hollywood the other night. And Christina Aguilera was eating at The Ivy 2 days ago, which is right around the corner from me.

That's all I have folks. Make sure you congratulate RB on the birth of his second son, Noah Stewart. Hope everyone is ready for classes to begin. Sucks to be you!!!! LOL, I'm gonna shut up now because if this boredom doesn't end soon, it's gonna drive my ass right back to med school too!

Later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about taking acting classes in the mean time?

Justin said...

I remember the Winter break I had between senior year fall and spring semester. Since Emory's exam season is immediately before winter break, I had absolutely nothing to do and went crazy. I think I ended up finishing two paintings (completely random) and reading all sorts of random stuff on Wikipedia.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.