Friday, July 14, 2006

My Stress is Decreasing!!

Man, I finally got my computer back after it being in the shop for 2 weeks. Do you have any idea how much I've suffered without my internet??? I didn't realize my life depended on it so much. I've been going to the public library everyday to use their internet and they only let you have 1 fifteen minute session. I can't do anything with that!!

Anyways, the last week has been really stressful, and here's why:

1. My computer was gone and I had no internet.

2. I moved my stuff into my apt a week ago (July 8th). My room was so messy because that's just how it is when you move. I just get really stressed when I'm around disorganization, but it took my 4 days to clean my stuff up anyways.

3. The apartment!!! I've gotten used to it now. But the truth is, the building is more than 60 years old and there is no A/C. The temperature has been hitting near 90 everyday here and it is HOT in my room. It's not so hot that I'm dripping in sweat, but hot enough that my skin stays damp. I hate it. Next is the shower. It's TERRIBLE!! First of all, it has about 5 little sprays of water, with no pressure, and on top of that, they all shoot in different directions. It's bad. Not only that, when anyone in our building flushes a toilet or even turns on a faucet, or uses water period, the shower turns ice cold and slows down to a dribble. It's the worst, but I guess I have to make some sacrifices since I made it to L.A. and I'm loving it so far.

4. Parking!! I thought parking at OSU bad, but this is ridiculous. I got a $45 parking ticket within 3 days of moving into my place, and that was after the managers had gone over the parking rules in detail with me! They think it's crazy too though. They said that's how the city makes most of its money. I mean, you park, and have to sit there and read up to FOUR signs and make sure you're not violating any or all of them. I learned my lesson, read the signs more carefully. It was my first, and my last parking ticket (hopefully).

Those four things have been my major stressors thus far, but I'm getting used to it, so it's not as bad now. So, what have I done since I got here?? Not much. Other than going to the store or the mall or a bookstore to fill up my time, I haven't done much. I signed up for a commercial acting workshop, and that's pretty cool I guess. I also got my headshots taken today, so those will be posted somewhere sometime in the future. I did happen to see Ice-T and his wife the other day when I went to the Beverly Center (mall).

Oh, one thing about the temperature here that's crazy. I live on one of the Hollywood Hills that overlooks the city. On my side of the hill, it could be, let's say, 85 degrees. If I drive 15 minutes over the hill, into the valley, the temperature jumps to 98 degrees. I can see the thermometer in my car changing, going up like a degree every minute. It's crazy because the other side of the hill is only a mile or two away. And of course it stays in the upper 70's around the beaches.

Overall, I really like my new life here and just hope to like it more and more. Where I live, everything is walking distance. I'm a block south of Sunset blvd and a block north of Santa Monica blvd. So, the grocery, shops, cafes, etc. are all walking distance. And it's real lively at night. Just like a big city should be. I love it.

My cell phone number has changed, so if you didn't get my new number, let me know.

Factoids:
  • cheapest regular unleaded gas I've seen: $3.06/gallon
  • priciest regular unleaded gas I've seen: $3.65/gallon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the best way to keep cool then would be to live on the beach:)

Glad to see you're having a good time; best of luck with everything!

-konrad

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.