Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting Settled In

(7/3/06/)

I'm finally in L.A. as of the 1st of July. The 3 day drive was grueling, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I must admit, as bad as I wanted to move to L.A., it was just a little sad leaving Ohio. I was so nervous and stressed about leaving that my face completely broke out into some of the worst acne I've had in a long time. Oh well, it happens. We did 15 hours of driving the first day and stayed on Oklahoma City that night. We did 15 hours the second day and stayed in Kingman, AZ (it's pretty close to the Cali border). So, the 3rd day we only had about 6 hours of driving to do. The scenery from Columbus to Oklahoma City was all the same. I mean, if it weren't for the signs, I wouldn't have even known that I left Ohio. From Oklahoma City to Amarillo, TX and on into New Mexico was just plain, flat, barren land. New Mexico and Arizona were the most scenic. The colored mountains, canyons, and valleys all were nice. Albuquerque was pretty nice to look at too. The city's architecture was really cool. For the whole 3 day drive the weather was absolutely perfect. Sunny and clear, no hassles at all. I loved it because you guys know how much I hate clouds! I wish those things didn't exist!! THANKS to all the people who called to check up on me throughout my cross country trip. It's great to know people care.

Sunday I pretty much chilled, but today was the beginning of my new career. I met with 2 photogs, then hung out in Hollywood with a friend. I even went to a Scientology Center to see what they were all about. It was kinda interesting......sorta. I just like to know about all kinds of people and their beliefs. Point is, this place is all about sun, sun, and more sun, and that makes me happy. We could definitely see the greenish-brown smog sitting over L.A. as we were driving in, and it's really disgusting. I mean, it's just gross. I don't know how else to describe it. We were at the Getty Museum which is supposed to have a really good view of the city, but you can only see 2 or 3 miles because of the smog. Definitely not something I'm used to.

I'm staying with my cousin in Redondo Beach, and this is a whole other story. She's stationed here in the air force and so is her lil military boyfriend. For the love of God, they CAN NOT keep their hands OFF each other. This is the most annoying crap I've had to deal with in some time. I mean honestly, you have guests staying with you....lighten up on that stuff. They are constantly rubbing each other's legs and back, etc., etc. Makes me wanna puke. Case in point: we're sitting there watching tv and my cousin gets up to just get a drink of water. The boyfriend is 2 steps behind her fondling her all the way to the kitchen and back. BARF!!!! They asked us to go to the movies, and we of course declined. So my cousin tells us they invited some friends and they all "just happen to be busy". DUH.......nobody wants to see you guys grinding on each other in the movie theatre. Ok, I'm done with this topic. I just had to rant because I HATE pda to that degree!

Let me rant about one more topic, only because I'm bored right now. This is going to be about blogs. I don't understand the reasons that some people use blogs. I decided to start this blog so friends and family can stay updated on what I'm doing in California. It's going to be just about that, and about that only. I'm not going to talk about if/when I get a movie role. That comes through private phone calls. And I'm not going to talk about the intimate details of my personal life!! I DON'T GET THAT. "Some people" have blogs, whether on here or on myspace, and tell the world their ENTIRE business. Not a good move if you ask me. When you do that, people think you are weird!! I mean, am I right?? NOBODY cares that you are mad at someone. Nobody cares about your sexcapades. Nobody cares that you're coughing up green phlegm or that you got a 90.127463% on a test. I think people who do this either have ZERO friends (no one to talk to or vent to) or some serious self confidence issues. They should be addressed IMMEDIATELY!! Seriously!! And what is with bitching people out through away messages on instant messenger. It's one thing to lay out your thoughts (like I'm doing now), but to actually cuss someone out through an away message: childish! Ok ok, no more side topics like this. It's just my 1st week in L.A. and things are slow. From now on, only things dealing with my experiences in L.A.

(7/6/06)

Today I met my roommate, and what a cool guy he is. Ya know, I tried so hard NOT to have to find someone on craigslist. I practically begged a lot of people to move to L.A. for at least a year. But, it turned out ok. I just hope we get along and all that good stuff. I'm living in West Hollywood though where there is so much to do. There is always something going on. Plus, museums, malls, the beach and other attractions are just minutes away. The apartment is right on the side of one of the Hollywood hills. I mean, I live on a hill, kind of like a semi rich person, haha. There are some very expensive, upscale condos on either side of our building too. It is one of the cleanest, safest parts of L.A., which is really all I cared about. I can stand sharing a one bedroom apartment (I have the bedroom to myself anyway) if it means I don't have to constantly worry about my car being there when I wake up the next morning.

Wow, I didn't mean to make this so freakin long, so I'm basically done. I have to meet a few more photogs, then get the pics taken, and as soon as I get my computer back from the shop (about a week and a half) you'll be flooded with all kinds of pictures, and the next blog!

Later

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Kris!!!!! You're so there!!! I am so happy for you, I can't wait to visit. I talked with Keisha and I am definitely coming out. I am really proud of you chasing the DREAM!!! You are really doing it, man. I love you and be safe out there. Your Friend, Jalina :=)

Nichole said...

Congratulations Kris! I'm so proud of you for grabbing life by the balls!

Andy said...

Kris, it's good to hear about your trip and that your roomie seems coo. Despite a deep curiosity about your personal successes, personal life, and test scores, I understand your rationale for keeping that mum. I've even heard that saying too much on a blog can get you into trouble. Best of luck in these first few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got off to a good start, great to hear it.
Jeff W.

Anonymous said...

So I guess maybe I'm not so up on the LA lingo but I'm assuming photogs is photographers???? And yea hurry up with the pics because I really want to see what all the fuss is about (LA I mean, not u...lol) Anyway, I hope to talk to u on im someday and I definately will keep up on the blogs (try at least since school starts 8/7). Take care!
D from SPEP

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

aw, wow.....

I am a new reader to your blog, which is why I just read this entry.....

dude, you need to fall in love. Or at least attempt to do so.....you need to open your mind to whatever sort of person you would be completed by, in this world.

This PDA rant about your madly-in-love cousin is a little sad. About you. Doesn't matter how much they were expressing their emotions for eachother even if it was inappropriate.....something about openly expressed love etc, obviously struck a chord in you.....

I was the same way as you are, until recently....

....Until I fell in love and let go, I was bitter about PDA.

Open yourself and your mind up to love. You'll never be bothered by PDA again, I swear it. You'll concern yourself with way more harmful and serious things.