Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mother Came to Visit (Part 1)

I realized I only did one post in September. I'm such a lazy ass. As I said before, it's a combination of me being lazy and thinking people wouldn't be reading anyway, but I checked my counter and my numbers are still up. So, because of that, I'm going to try and post at least once a week. Keyword: TRY.

So my mom came to visit me 2 weeks ago. She was really excited to come and I was excited to have her. It was her first time to Los Angeles. To the left you will see a picture of my mom standing on top of the Hollywood Hills with the San Fernando Valley (where I live) behind her. I have to say, after her four days here were up, I was exhausted. We were ALL OVER the city doing all the touristy stuff and still didn't even get to half of the things there are to do here.

We started the day she got here by going to dinner. After it got dark, I drive her through Hollywood and the Sunset Strip so she could see all the lights and what everything looked like at night, since we were going to be doing most of our activites during the day. The next day I took her to the hotel that I worked at and then we went to Rodeo Drive. There was A LOT of walking included in this trip and Rodeo Drive was no exception. For those of you that don't know, Rodeo Drive is the name of the famous street with all th expensive shops, but the whole area is made up of more streets with more shops and we walked all of them. A funny thing happened in one of them. We went into a store called St. John (I think), and like many of the other stores, they have huge tv screens in there with fashion shows showing, with models walking on the catwalk. This is what happened next:


Me: "Mom, do you think you could walk the catwalk like that?"

Mom: (laughs) "Of course I can."

Mom walks down the aisle shaking her hips.

Store Clerk: (out of nowhere) "Ohhhhhh, very good! I saw you shaking it!"

Much laughter ensues


Maybe you had to be there, but it was really funny. We saw some sweaters in this store for $1200. I kind of felt bad for my mom because I'm such a bad shopping partner. I can't help it, I just really hate shopping. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, I don't know. I tried to stay enthused for her sake though, haha. She finished up on Rodeo Drive by buying a multitude of things at a store where everything was $15.00!! Now that's funny.

Next we went to Hollywood Blvd to see the Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater, Grauman's Chinese Theater and all that good stuff. There wasn't much going on here because it was Sunday I think. At some point during this day, I took my mom to the apartment that I lived in last year. (Yeah, the one that was on the Sunset Strip that I'm pissed I don't live in anymore). She met my old apartment managers and they told us all of the old Hollywood stars that used to live in this building, including Marilyn Monroe at one point. He took us underneath the building and showed us all these trap doors and bathrooms down there where the celeb's assistants used to stay. I lived there for a while year and they never told me any of that stuff!! When I'm famous, I can be added to that list now!

The next day we went to Venice Beach (Muscle Beach) where all the weirdos and street performers are, and then we went to Santa Monica and the Pier. This was my mom's first time seeing the Pacific Ocean. Mom loves the ocean but is scared of water. Sounds like a crazy if you ask me!

Since this is getting long, I'm going to break it up into 2 parts. Next time, I'll tell you about our time on The Price is Right and the crazy my mom made friends with. Yes, we met a crazy at the The Price is Right. Did you really think I could make it through this trip without attracting one of them?!?!? lol


Here's the positive quote of the day since I get yelled at by people if I don't post one:


"A kindred soul is the friend who loves you for the total summation of whatever you will do, whatever you are, and whatever you are becoming, with no qualifications."

--Sylvia Browne


I'm looking for kindred souls. I posted this quote because I think "true friends" are very far and few between. There are NOT many out there for most of us. It gets depressing sometimes when you're going through things and you feel like you have no one to talk to for fear of being judged. I'm sure we've all felt like that before. Hey, just being honest here.

8 comments:

Nichole said...

I've been waiting for this post! It sounds like you had fun experiencing LA with your mom as a tourist. She looks so happy to be there with you, and she is even more beautiful than I remember. I love the photo of you two together! So cute (and you are such a handsome man Kris! Far from the skinny kid I knew).

Thanks for stopping by the blog - I neglect mine, too. Usually if I post a lot of BS memes it means I'm too busy to think of anything to actually write. And always know that even if I'm not posting comments (which I try to do!) I am lurking around, peeking in on you! Creeped out yet?

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am so glad that your mom was able to spend some time with you. She is a beautiful lady. I know it did her heart good to see you after such a long abscence.

Carolee said...

calvin's still waiting for his trip to see real hollywood. keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I have such a wonderful time with Kristopher. I was excited to see him and all the sights. I was quite impressed that he knew his way around so well. Of course, the trip was way too short. But I'll be back. And yes, I can handle the cat walk and very well. Move over Tyra, Naomi and the rest! LOL

Anonymous said...

An update worth waiting for. It sounds like you had a great time. Yay!

Hey, Kris' mom -- my son (he's 16) was just reading over my shoulder and I showed him the first pic and said, "How old do you think she is?" He said, "19 or 20?" I showed him the last one and he said, "Oh, she'd older than I thought. Maybe 30?" Just in case you need a little pick-me-up ...

Off to the pumpkin fair ...

Anonymous said...

Lin & son - Thank you for the nice compliment. I have a BIG smile on my face. "Out of the mouth of babes." Be Blessed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I am 50 years young.

Unknown said...

Kris...i feel you about the whole kindred souls....but you know WE ARE!!! So "come and go with me!" we can be kindred souls together!!!