Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Beware of the Great and Powerful Claudine!!!!

Does everyone know CLAUDINE?? She's such a wondeful person, and she scolded me the other day for not posting blogs frequently enough. So, this is why I'm posting mid-week. I definitely DON'T wanna feel the WRATH OF CLAUDINE!! LOL That sounds like a good movie title. Anyways, CLAUDINE says I have to write at least 2 blogs per week, and that was reduced from 4!!!! ALL because she loves to read blogs. Sounds like someone trying real hard not to study if you ask me.

Now, onto what I've been up to the last few days. I've decided that most of my blogs are going to be about all the interesting (crazy) people I meet out here since I'm just doing background work and you guys know the deal with that. Different show almost everyday, blah blah blah.

Today I met 2 funny people. Everyone should know by now that I LOVE to laugh. Anyone could see it in class, lol. Anyone that makes me laugh will definitely get my attention, whether I'm laughing at them, or with them. So, I'm on the set today waiting to start work and this man comes and sits next to me. Now, I don't know if I just give off some vibe that says, "Tell me your life story", but people seem to like to do that around me. I mean, ever since I can remember, I will meet someone, and in our first conversation they're telling me their whole life story. I guess it's a compliment in some sorts, but sometimes i hear the most boring crap when I'm not in the mood for it. So this man (who looked weird anyway) starts tellin me about all the background work he's done over the last year and how Rebecca Romijn is mean and so is the lead actress on Gilmore Girls, etc., etc. Then he switches topics and starts talking about Miss Teen USA. Yes, Teen USA. I knew he looked like a chester. He tells me he's shocked that Miss Montana won and Miss South Dakota was runner up because it's usually between Miss Florida, California and Texas, or some crap like that. But in his opinion Miss Virginia was the hottest. Whatever. THEN, he proceeds to tell me that ALL the girls on there are dumb, and he doesn't even know why they ask them questions. Here are his words: "I don't even know why they ask those girls questions. They're all dumb. They don't need to waste their time asking those girls about world peace. They don't know anything about that. They asked one girl about young girls and anorexics. She doesn't know anything about that." Then he imitated her answer in a girlie voice that sounded ridiculous. Keep in mind that this is a completely one sided conversation with me just nodding my head, looking away, dying for the assistant director to come get us. And he just kept talking, and talking, and talking.

Jump ahead a few hours and I hear this same guy talking to some other people about Star Trek. Do you know what this man said?? He said that Star Trek Voyager was HIS idea!!! WTF?!?!?! Seriously, he said he had an idea of a space ship coming back or something like that, but someone came up with the same idea he had and beat him to it as far as making a movie out of it. PSYCHO, is all I have to say. That guy was loony.

A little later on I'm walking to the cafeteria from lunch, and I see something moving toward me out of the corner of my eye. I look up, and its a lady (she had to be at least 40), with some headphones on really getting into her music. I mean, think about how crazy you look when you dance in the mirror at home. Everybody does it so stop frontin!! She was doing that AND playing her air guitar at the same time, lol!!! And this is all happening outside in broad daylight in front of everyone. She did NOT care. So, I caught eyes with her, and she gives me this cheesy smile that says, "I know, I'm crazy, and I love it". Strange, strange people here in L.A., which brings me to another point that I've noticed. MAKE-UP artists. It's so funny how these make-up artists are there to make the actors look perfect, yet 90% of them (the make-up artists) look atrocious. I'm talkin about lookin like they rolled straight outta bed and came to work. Hair not brushed, etc. It's just ironic to me. Maybe its just me though, I dunno.

That's pretty much it for the last 5 minutes CLAUDINE. Haha. Here's what I've done this week.

Monday: New Ted Danson show called "Help Me Help You". You may have seen previews.
The mom from "Malcolm in the Middle" is on this show as well. I played a coffee shop
worker. Woopty doo, lol.
Tuesday: A show called "Heartland". Don't worry, you've never heard of it and you'll never
watch it! It's a medical show, however, and I played an EMT.
Wednesday: "Close to Home". Don't know what this show is about other than the fact that it's a cop show and the lady from "Diary of A Mad Black Woman" was there today. I'm
not sure if she is a regular or if she was just doing a guest appearance. But, you
know, the mad black woman in the movie, the main character. That's her.

Celeb encounters this week:
  • Essence Atkins from the tv show "Half & Half" and the film "How High"
  • The big, blonde shaggy haired guy from Celebrity Fit Club and "Hairspray"
  • Orlando Jones from MAD TV

2 comments:

Justin said...

It serves you right! I would NEVER disrespect the authority of CLAUDINE if I were you ... or even being me.

Anonymous said...

lololol :)
Claudine