Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Not Very Good At This Anymore!

Yes, I was supposed to update this thing every week. Do I have an excuse as to why I haven't? NO! But you all love me so it's okay! Now, the purpose of this entry is to give the contact information for the doctor that performed my ICL procedure. His name is Dr. Paul Dougherty and he has been a pioneer with Visian ICL procedure. Click here to read his biography on his office website! As I mentioned before, Dr. Dougherty was one of the FIRST eye surgeons in the U.S.A. to learn the procedure, and has gone on to teach many other doctors how to do it as well.

I told Dr. Dougherty that I had this blog and that (sometimes) a lot of people read it! I said I would give everyone his contact information and he specifically told me that he does treat people from all over the country, so he would be glad to hear from any and all of you. If/when you do call, just mention that you were referred by Kris Campbell! There is absolutely no incentive for me whatsoever, but I'm sure the staff would be happy to hear that one of their patients was spreading the word after having such a great experience with them!

If you are seriously considering the ICL procedure, you can call Dr. Dougherty's office and schedule an appointment for a completely free consultation. What that means, is that you will go in and the eye technician will do an eye exam to make sure you are a good candidate for the procedure (not everyone is of course). And then Dr. Dougherty will sit with you and answer any and all questions you may have. They are all very nice and the office has a great team of optometrists that will take care of you after the procedure.

So, Dr. Dougherty has like 4 locations and I'm not going to type them all on this post. So CLICK HERE for a listing of all the locations on the website. I had my procedure done at the Los Angeles location. When I was doing research before my procedure, I found this really good aritcle that had a comprehensive list of questions that you should ask your ophthalmologist while interviewing them. But now I can't find it! It was really good and I swear it was a CNN article. It listed the questions, and then it told you what a "good" answer from the doctor would be and what a "bad" answer would be. I'll have to look for it.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

No comments: