Monday, April 07, 2008

Just an Update

I tried really hard to update 3 times in March, but my laziness got the best of me, so you just have to get over it! I want to start of by saying something that I wanted to say a year ago. Basically, I don't understand people. People, who specifically, call themselves your friends. What is the definition of a friend? Is the definition changing? I thought I knew, but apparently I don't. I've never had a lot of friends. I always thought that I carefully selected those people that would be close to me because you never know who is on their own agenda. Turns out, I can't shoose friends worth crap! Why am I rambling about this you might ask? Here's the reason, plain and simple. Over the course of the last 6 years or so, I have had 5 friends completely cut ties with me. All of them (at different points in time, not all at once) just stopped talking to me for NO REASON. And I mean, these are people who were pretty much BEST friends. With each of these individuals, there was no argument, no falling out, NOTHING. Now, I am the type of person that will take full responsibility for my actions, but how can I when I haven't been given ONE reason by any of these people? Most people will probably say that if I'm being dropped by so many friends, there must be something I'm doing wrong. Maybe Im mean, maybe I'm difficult, maybe I'm insensitive? Well, I say MAYBE I AM, but how in the hell can I know if I'm not told? I'm certainly not perfect, but when there is no argument, no yelling, no fights, I'm kind of left standing there dumbfounded each time as to what went wrong? I can tell it's affecting me a little bit too. I have walls up. I'm starting to not let people get too close. I mean would any of you want to constantly deal with this? So many people that I know now tell me that I'm cool and fun to be around, but when they first met me they thought I was a snob and could tell I had walls up. Well, now you know why. Thoughts?

Ok, enough of my rant. Things are going well at work. By that I mean that I've been offered a promotion. It's flattering, but I couldn't accept. I'm not ready to give up on Hollywood just yet. I can't commit to being a supervisor. I have to have my flexibility to go on auditions, etc., etc. I'm just waiting to see what SAG is going to do in June. We may have another strike on our hands, but lets hope not!

Now, there is something I'm really excited about. Next week, I'm having a cosmetic procedure done. I guess you would call it a cosmetic procedure anyway. Have I gone completely Hollywood?? I'd say no, but I am not going to say what it is until AFTER I get it done, haha.

That's it for now.

P.S. -- I'm still trying to find Na Young a boyfriend, while trying to fend off a stalker of my own!

9 comments:

Justin said...

Hey Kris,

Sorry to hear about the friendships. Perhaps the relationships really were not what you thought they were, which would explain why they are unable to articulate a specific reason for cutting ties. And that is not your fault.

However, I would instead think back to the friendships you had. What parts did you or did you not like about them? Perhaps identifying these aspects can help you as you continue to develop friendships in hopes they will last.

As for the cosmetic procedure ... Claudine and I bet it is a boob job (we're on OB/Gyn together ... it's all we think about).

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris,

I haven't left a comment in a while, but I've been thinking about you. Seems like things are going okay for you in California so far. I'm sorry that you're having such trouble with these friendships.

And as for the cosmetic procedure, I'm NOT betting on a boob job. I actually have no idea, and will be surprised to hear about it :)

Take care.

Laura

Nichole said...

Oh Kris, I hope whatever issues it is you're having with friends, whether specific or general, are resolved soon. Rest assured that most of us are aware that time changes us, and if we care enough about our friends we embrace the changes.

I know the two of us have been in and out here and there, and lost touch for a couple of large chunks of time. But I've always considered you a close friend, in fact one of my oldest friends. You have evolved into such a mature, smart, and sweet man, much different from the vain, self-conscious Kris I knew in 9th grade.

Thank you for continuing to cherish me for the person I am as well.

PS: the procedure can't be dental, your teeth are gorgeous. Maybe some manscaping? Some eyebrow stuff? Mole removal? If you get actual surgery surgery I'll kill you. You are perfect the way you are.

ribbij said...

Ooh the suspense. Carolee and I are sure calf implants will have never looked better though.

Calvin is willing to beat up anyone that offended you Kris.

Kris said...

Wow. Nichole, my old school friend, small and meek, stay at home mother, had a guess (regarding my "procedure") that was light years ahead of my MEDICAL SCHOOL COLLEAGUES! HAHA Good guess Nichole and fortunately for me, you are ALL wrong. However, I bet Calvin knows!!

Anonymous said...

lol, hope things are going well dude :) and friendships change all the time - how can they not, when we ourselves are changing as well? it would be too much to expect for people to change together, at the same rate, and in the same direction...just how it goes =/ as far as cutting ties go, you never know when it'll come back in a new and different way...and while the old way might have seemed much better, there probably was a reason for the change.

anyway, enough philosophizing. i'm back to Cali in a little over a week (thank god) and HOPEFULLY i'll have access to a car, i.e we should meet up! i'll give you a call, and hopefully you won't be too busy :)

take care, will ttyl!
-s

Coffespaz said...

Hi Kris...found you through Nicole.

Just wanted to comment on your frienship concerns, and I must agree with some of the other posts. People change and sometimes we don't have the chance to find out what happened. Perhaps you will have the opportunity at some point to discuss this with one or more of them and find out. But most likely, you won't. You seem very confident and sure of who you are...that is a wonderful gift. Stay strong!!

Regarding the procedure...whatever it is, all the best!!

Anonymous said...

Friends come, friends go. But friends that go are not true friends.

I know, I know what the cosmetic surgery is, but I shall not tell.

Love you,

Mom

Criminal Minds Fan said...

I'm thrilled that your surgery went so well. I liked your glasses but whatever makes you happy is cool beans.

People do seem to come and go in life. I am a lot older than you and I can tell you that it isn't anything personal, even though it feels that way, but sometimes people just come and go. Real friends always make sure that you know they care about you even if they don't always have as much time to socialize with you as they would like. You are a special person and anyone would be fortunate to be your friend. I count myself lucky. :)