Monday, September 25, 2006

The Most Fun Weekend So Far!

So, as you know from my last blog, I've been working on the set of the movie Transformers for the last 2 days. And as you can see on the left, it's set to be released on Independence Day 2007. It's directed by Michael Bay (The Island, The Rock) and executive produced by Steven Spielberg! This is going to be a huge movie with a lot of action and special effects. They have a $150 million budget.


In this movie I played a police officer. I don't even know where to start. There was so much action and I met the craziest lady in the world. More on her in a second. Tyrese and Josh Duhamel are both in this movie. I met and talked to them both and they were really cool, especially Josh. They just talked as if we were regular people, which we are. Ellen Pompeo needs to realize that!


There was a lot of action. They were blowin trucks up and bringin choppers in. It was really cool. I was right in the middle of the action. I got to drive the cop care right up to the scene of destruction where the robots are battling, jump out of the car with two of my deputies and control the frantic crowd. We were really acting too because there were obviously no 40 foot robots in front of us. They're all going to be added in during editing. But the scene was set up with burnt up cars and a big hole in the ground (which was made by a big pile of foam asphalt. And there was more smoke than anyone needs to encounter, as if Los Angeles needs that crap added to the already gag inducing smog.


Now for the crazy lady. I think she is the weirdest one yet! First of all, she is a sci-fi trekky. She's African-American and from about an inch above her ear down, her head is shaved. Above that she has these long dread locks that go half way down her back, pulled into a pony tail. And she has these wire rim glasses on that looks like they're straight from 1750, like something Benjamin Franklin would wear. She looks like Whoopi Goldberg basically, like the pic on the right, just skinnier. She tells me that she's in fact not an actress, but she is in LOVE with Transformers. She has a friend who knows one of the producers of the movie and got her on. So, we're about to go to set and somone says they see a model of one of the robots, and Pam (crazy lady) starts hyperventilating! I'm so not joking right now. By the way, she's like 30 years old. And of course I'm cracking up. She jokingly told me not to laugh and that she can't help it that she was a 9 year old geek with no friends that loved Transformers. You know I hung around her all day for kicks!!!


So then, as were on the set, they are using these tall skinny poles to simulate where the robots will be when they digitally add them in. They asked Pam to be one of the people crawling on the ground near the scene of destruction, and on her way over there, she had to make sure she touched one of the poles. And on her way back, she stole one of the smaller pieces of foam asphalt as a souvenier!!! Stuffed it right in her purse. Then, they bring out a white semi truck. One of the robots name's is Optimus, and he turns into the semi truck. No joke, she went over and kissed the truck! My stomach hurts at this point she is crackin me up so much.

Next, we have a scene with Bumblebee. Bumblebee is a yellow robot that transforms into a 2006 Camaro. They bring a smaller model of Bumblebee out and Pam starts singing "HALELLUJAH!!" She has no shame and I can see other people looking at her now and laughing. After that scene we break for lunch and she says, "This is the best weekend of my life,
other than the first time I got laid". I laugh and say, "That's good, most people's first time is not a good experience", to which she yells, "I got lucky!!!!" She was crazy for the whole 2 days and I was lovin it. So I told her we would have to see the movie together so we exchanged e-mails. I did this only for my own entertainment. She's going to be an absolute mess during that movie and I can't wait!




It's weird because my roommate made me go see Jackass 2 on Friday, and we saw a preview for Transformers already. I was like, "Whoa, I'm going to be in that movie tomorrow". And can I just say that the Jackass movie was one of the most disturbing things I've seen in a long time. It was entertaining, but disturbing. They did some things in that movie that humans just shouldn't do. I mean, I was literally gagging at certain parts it was so nasty. To the right, that is Steve-O letting a leech chomp on his eyeball. That wasn't one of the gagging incidents in the movie. I can't repeat those here because my mom reads this blog, lol.
That's it for now.

4 comments:

jkv said...

isn't bumblebee supposed to be a volkswagen? at least, that's what i remember.

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO cast kris as OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!!!

I totally would've kissed the truck, too.

(konrad)

Kris said...

Yes J, but this is the new and improved movie!! Plus,they're adding new robots, including an X-Box robot!!

Konrad, it doesn't surprise me, haha

Nichole said...

Seriously? An X-Box robot? That's really kind of lame.

But I have to admit I got goosebumps when I read about the Optimus incident.

I think I'll actually go to the theatre for that one!